Motorsport Manager

If you want a bit of help with the setups someone posted the best ones on the steam community group somewhere :lol:
Worked out how to do it. Same trick as with F1 Manager years ago. Basically, just to installation laps and come straight in - get feedback, tweak, then back out again. No need to get times in practice.

Hitting over 90% on the last 2 races I tried, with poor driver feedback, so I think that works quite well.

First season -finished 9th which was the target.

Learned a few lessons:

1 - Your best 2 parts become the base parts for next season, but can't be upgraded. Any "cheats" don't matter
--> Means its worth building a superb part with high risk, and improving it to max, but not working on the reliability - then having it ready for next season

2 - Times in practice make zero difference, just do out laps and straight back in to get feedback until you've nailled it. Then run as many laps as you can to get the bonuses.

Hoping to finish 7th this year.

Any other tips?

First season -finished 9th which was the target.

Learned a few lessons:

1 - Your best 2 parts become the base parts for next season, but can't be upgraded. Any "cheats" don't matter
--> Means its worth building a superb part with high risk, and improving it to max, but not working on the reliability - then having it ready for next season

2 - Times in practice make zero difference, just do out laps and straight back in to get feedback until you've nailled it. Then run as many laps as you can to get the bonuses.

Hoping to finish 7th this year.

Any other tips?

What I basically did was take advantage of having such low expectations (always expected last), and use that time to profit big and slowly build up my HQ to maximise profits (theme park etc.) - I was earning approx. 1.3m a race if I remember rightly whilst having no expectations. I was expected to finish last, which I did - being lapped on nearly every race :lol: It did take a good few years to do though.

Once I hit pretty much 5* on most buildings, that is when I started to creep up the rankings by upgrading my car more and more. Having the best HQ made it so much easier. I had some catching up to do, but none of the other teams could match my development. Eventually winning the championship in the bottom tier. I don't think I took the promotion to tier 2 yet, but I intend to move up with another championship.

I need to get back on it really.

A key tip, is to make 2 clearly illegal parts towards the end of the season and not use them, and they will be used as your base level for next year. The high risk parts are the best performance parts in my experience.

Last edited:
What I basically did was take advantage of having such low expectations (always expected last), and use that time to profit big and slowly build up my HQ to maximise profits (theme park etc.) - I was earning approx. 1.3m a race if I remember rightly whilst having no expectations. I was expected to finish last, which I did - being lapped on nearly every race :lol: It did take a good few years to do though.

Once I hit pretty much 5* on most buildings, that is when I started to creep up the rankings by upgrading my car more and more. Having the best HQ made it so much easier. I had some catching up to do, but none of the other teams could match my development. Eventually winning the championship in the bottom tier. I don't think I took the promotion to tier 2 yet, but I intend to move up with another championship.

I need to get back on it really.

A key tip, is to make 2 clearly illegal parts towards the end of the season and not use them, and they will be used as your base level for next year. The high risk parts are the best performance parts in my experience.
Yeh, I can see that approach being my second playthrough.

And yes, I twigged on about the illegal parts trick :)

Does anyone see the point in paying for a reserve driver?

Yes. If you can get a pay driver in, and use him in practice. I think he will pay for the privilege if I remember rightly. Pay drivers in general are fantastic in the early stages. They pay you approx. £200k if they get in the car.

Yes. If you can get a pay driver in, and use him in practice. I think he will pay for the privilege if I remember rightly. Pay drivers in general are fantastic in the early stages. They pay you approx. £200k if they get in the car.
How do I find them????

Thanks for the list - although they're all taken, I've got them on the shortlist for next season.

Just started year 3. Cheaped out on the chassis as I've realised there's no point wasting money on something that needs to be replaced every year - spend the money on parts and buildings instead which carry over each season until I'm ready to get promoted - THEN buy the better chassis and the drivers who can win races.

Anyone know what the Setup Opinons about the car being "rubbish" mean?

I've got a mid-pack car now, and the comments are the same. Moral taking a 11% hit. Can't find anything on a google search

Won the drivers and constructors for the first time today - just ERS, but still. Turned down promotion - want to win it easily this year, and bank a load of bonus money to improve the HQ before the promotion.

I upgraded absolutely everything at the factory with Predator. Now all my money can go into staff, drivers and part development. If I don't start to win stuff now, then I'm out forever ;)

Back