Motivation to not eat crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatchedBets.com

As I feel like my whole life im always telling people "im on a diet" however i always get so tempted in the evening to eat really crap food! Like Indian's, Chinese, really bad meals! However im usually pretty good throughout the day and do go to the gym. But this bad constant shit food is counter acting everything!

What do you guys do to stop the temptation of having a bad meal???

Have a read about flexible dieting on the Lyle McDonald web site.

Obviously if you have a takeaway every night you’ll be fat.

You should still be able to eat all of the foods that make you happy.

The motivation is more of an understanding that if you want to lose weight or have a good physique you can’t consume more calories that you expend.

As I feel like my whole life im always telling people "im on a diet" however i always get so tempted in the evening to eat really crap food! Like Indian's, Chinese, really bad meals! However im usually pretty good throughout the day and do go to the gym. But this bad constant shit food is counter acting everything!

Stop thinking of motivation...that is what you have when you decide you're going on a diet. Motivation comes and goes for everyone.

Stop thinking of diets...diets by nature are a temporary change for a short term goal.

Do develop strong habits that stay with you when you're tempted, and do change your lifestyle to live a healthier life. I can't remember the last takeaway I got, but I do buy food once a week that will get me through and make no need for shite from just eat etc.

There’s not much stopping the OP from having an Indian takeaway once a week. I tend to have chicken tikka and rice and a bottle of lager.

When I was actively trying to lose weight I’d do a 6-8 mile run on a Saturday afternoon to compensate for the takeaway. If the OP calculates calorie consumption over a week then it can be quite flexible. Lettuce and water for 6 days then curries, beer, pizza and lard on 1 day.

Try increasing portion sizes during day , higher protein and fiber so you feel more satiated. You may be wanting shite on an evening as you're starving by this point.

Obv if this approach does not work then go back to eating "pretty good" earlier in the day.

Be strict with yourself Monday-Friday (I also do 16/8 fasting)this helps reduce calorie intake. Then I reward myself Saturday and Sunday by eating anything and as much ‘crap’ as I want. Works great for me and have got from 13.5 to under 11 stone.

Meal planning, advance preparation, a tonne of plastic takeaway containers from amazon and being as lazy as possible. I eat badly when I just cant be bothered doing better so I make the easiest option also the healthiest. Its those bad days that kill you. Plan your meals and cook them then put them in containers so you only have to microwave them.

If you like curry get a recipe that's healthy (a balti with plenty of peppers or a dhansak with lots of veg and lentils is is your friend) and make a git big pot then split it into containers and stick some in the fridge and some in the freezer. If you like chilli, same there big pot, split ready to eat. both of those you have have microwave rice with, so meal in 10 minutes. and all youve done is move a plastic box from freezer to microwave. Can do the same with stuff with pasta (microwave pasta maker is your friend) - keep frozen pots of pasta sauce and bolognese sauce ready to go. The pasta sauce is good for just with pasta or get some turkey meatballs, dry fry em them lob them in the sauce. 20 minutes tops, less time than delivery takes and less effort than logging onto just eat. Same with a nice ham broth for lunches (and snacks) make a big load in a slow cooker, split it into containers so its ready to nuke in 5-10 minutes.

You can even get a big bag of pre-cut chips - you come in from work, stick em in the actifry, get changed, come downstairs and boil the kettle then when the actifry dings make up so hot maykway curry sauce and slap it over the chips. 2 minutes total time in kitchen, qurter of the calories of takeway and spot on. Also makes a good chinese chicken curry for freezing as above.

If you eat late I’d recommend going to kip early, sounds simple but it eliminates bad habits at that time of the night.

Best thing to do for the OP is to go for this method...

start the week eating whatever you should for your fitness goals and tell yourself that if you can keep this going for a week then you'll have a takeaway on the Saturday night or whatever. When it gets to Saturday night think how much better you feel after a week of just pure eating right and think having a bad meal is just going to set you back how far? your body won't feel the same the next day (well mine doesn't) and you'll be disappointed at yourself if you went and ate it. So you say you'll go another week and maybe have the takeaway the following Saturday....you'll feel even better by then plus won't want to ruin it with your hard work so you may even put it off a third week. Having a cheat meal every 2 or 3 weeks isn't a bad thing at all so caving at this time isn't too bad.

Protein pancakes for breakfast. Toast with peanut butter mid morning. Lunch was minted veg and Cajun chicken. Currently eating a greek style yoghurt, chocolate protein and raspberries mixed in my plastic container for an afternoon snack. Protein bar and apple later before salmon fillet and salad this evening, before playing football.

Protein pancakes for breakfast. Toast with peanut butter mid morning. Lunch was minted veg and Cajun chicken. Currently eating a greek style yoghurt, chocolate protein and raspberries mixed in my plastic container for an afternoon snack. Protein bar and apple later before salmon fillet and salad this evening, before playing football.

That whole post sounds delicious man.

I think my big problem is lunch at work. Is there anything I can just buy that will fill me, set me up for the gym later in the day and have me not wanting to snack all the time.

I could eat porridge pots for breakfast every day, and some fruit about 10am. But I don't have time to make lunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back