Motivation to not eat crap!

I think my big problem is lunch at work. Is there anything I can just buy that will fill me, set me up for the gym later in the day and have me not wanting to snack all the time.

I could eat porridge pots for breakfast every day, and some fruit about 10am. But I don't have time to make lunches.

Just make something in advance

Just make something in advance
Nope.

I already can't find the time to do 4 lots of excersice per week and do everything else and get a reasonable amount of sleep.

I'm happy to throw money at it - but no, I'm not making lunches every f***ing day on top.

Nope.

I already can't find the time to do 4 lots of excersice per week and do everything else and get a reasonable amount of sleep.

I'm happy to throw money at it - but no, I'm not making lunches every f***ing day on top.

Don't need to make them every day, just cook a few big meals in one go. Healthier and better caloric accuracy. If you're struggling to buy anything to fill you, just find an hour through the week to prep a few days worth.

Don't need to make them every day, just cook a few big meals in one go. Healthier and better caloric accuracy. If you're struggling to buy anything to fill you, just find an hour through the week to prep a few days worth.
I don't want to eat the same thing every day though.

Cooking one healthy meal a day is a massive challenge for us as we're a busy family. I have about 3 hours per day at home to do everything, and one of the problems I'm trying to address is that I go to bed too late, feel tired all the time, and eat crap to compensate.
Also, I don't want my entire life to be work, gym, putting kids to bed, cooking, cleaning, making tomorrow's lunch, shower, bed.

What's the point in living if I can't enjoy myself too - plus, the above is unrealistic, will lead to burn out, and total failure. So there's no point pretending.

I just want someone to recommend something I can buy, and take in with me each day - something more filling and more nutricious than a sandwich every day.
I'm not short of money, I'm short of time; I'm happy to pay.

Cooking one healthy meal a day is a massive challenge for us as we're a busy family. I have about 3 hours per day at home to do everything, and one of the problems I'm trying to address is that I go to bed too late, feel tired all the time, and eat crap to compensate.
Also, I don't want my entire life to be work, gym, putting kids to bed, cooking, cleaning, making tomorrow's lunch, shower, bed.

What's the point in living if I can't enjoy myself too - plus, the above is unrealistic, will lead to burn out, and total failure. So there's no point pretending.

I just want someone to recommend something I can buy, and take in with me each day - something more filling and more nutricious than a sandwich every day.
No offence but if you want to make a change to your lifestyle you’ll need to think differently. People have given you advice but you’re ignoring it and still want a magic potion.

When you cook a meal in the evening just make a bit more, cool it, fridge it, take it to work. If the oven is on then do a baked spud, take it to work and open a tin of tuna over it.

If you aren’t preparing healthy meals then there are loads of recipes on the bbc site. Practice at the weekend, make a big bundle of healthy chicken curry and freeze portions, you don’t need to eat them on consecutive days.

Hard boiled eggs are an easy snack to take to work. You need to start thinking about simple solutions.

No offence but if you want to make a change to your lifestyle you’ll need to think differently. People have given you advice but you’re ignoring it and still want a magic potion.

When you cook a meal in the evening just make a bit more, cool it, fridge it, take it to work. If the oven is on then do a baked spud, take it to work and open a tin of tuna over it.

If you aren’t preparing healthy meals then there are loads of recipes on the bbc site. Practice at the weekend, make a big bundle of healthy chicken curry and freeze portions, you don’t need to eat them on consecutive days.

Hard boiled eggs are an easy snack to take to work. You need to start thinking about simple solutions.

Its just not that easy mate. You don't know my life, you don't know what time I have, you don't know what other pressures I have in my on my time.

I'm not even asking for a magic bullet, I'm asking if anyone can recommend something I can buy for lunch. I'm not asking for a magic tablet that I can take to fix everything.
Surely healthy packaged meals exist?

Also, I hate potatoes.

Its just not that easy mate. You don't know my life, you don't know what time I have, you don't know what other pressures I have in my on my time.

I'm not even asking for a magic bullet, I'm asking if anyone can recommend something I can buy for lunch. I'm not asking for a magic tablet that I can take to fix everything.
Surely healthy packaged meals exist?

Also, I hate potatoes.
You would spend your time better in the kitchen than in the gym.

You would spend your time better in the kitchen than in the gym.
If I didn't have a problem with back and hip pain that I need to fix, id agree.

Anyway, once I get home, all of my other shit kicks in. I've got a lot to fix in my life, and not much of that is in my own control right now.

I'm lucky if I even have that many hours in the house awake tbh. Nobody is suggesting spending hours in the kitchen preparing bland shit, but learning how to cook properly is f***ing class and infinitely better for your health. Can have a healthy diet eating some lovely stuff that can be made in no time, while cooking for the missus or kids etc at the same time, but you already make it sound like a miserable task. You don't have to live like a pro athlete and be miserable.

Alternatively there's companies that specifically do 'meal prep', but a lot of the reviews tend to be from bodybuilders, a niche group known for convincing themselves that they enjoy the bland shit they think they need to eat.

Those 3 hours are largely accounted for.

I'm actually pretty handy in the kitchen. But have no time for it.

And I don't really have much time at weekends either.

Those 3 hours are largely accounted for.

I'm actually pretty handy in the kitchen. But have no time for it.

And I don't really have much time at weekends either.

Will ask around for meal prep companies then mate. I'll try find one that provides calories etc too. Think Fitness 2000 might

Will ask around for meal prep companies then mate. I'll try find one that provides calories etc too. Think Fitness 2000 might
Cool. Thanks.

I'm really surprised supermarkets don't do actually healthy packaged meals these days

Just went into the kitchen to make lunch.

And it dawned on me. My options were
1 - something not especially good for me. Like a sandwich
2 - something I don't like, like a salad or jacket potato

Pretty clear, I need to find better options. Because my current options both lead to failure. And have done for the last twenty years.

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks.

I'm really surprised supermarkets don't do actually healthy packaged meals these days

Just went into the kitchen to make lunch.

And it dawned on me. My options were
1 - something not especially good for me. Like a sandwich
2 - something I don't like, like a salad or jacket potato

Pretty clear, I need to find better options. Because my current options both lead to failure. And have done for the last twenty years.

How can you "not like" a salad or a jacket potato? Just curious as I think I didn't like them when I was about 12? Get it down you man.

How can you "not like" a salad or a jacket potato? Just curious as I think I didn't like them when I was about 12? Get it down you man.
Im not a fan of most potatoes. I don't really like crisps, and chips are only as nice as whatever they're dipped in.

Different people like different things, no?

That's the type of thing I'm thinking. Nothing groundbreaking, just something that removes one problem from the day, and gives me breathing room to do a better job on a night.

Yeah, the're worth a try, keeps your portions under control and they're pretty healthy. Not sure how filling they'll be though.

Iceland do frozen slimming world stuff too which might be worth a look. Fill your freezer and take a different one each day.

Frozen Slimming World | Frozen | Iceland Groceries

On behalf of whoever he works with, please f***ing don't!

But your sentiment is bang on. It's really not hard to make a bit extra for lunch the day after. There's a point to be made that if you want to get fit and eat healthily you need to put some effort in, but the reality is the eating bit is easy if you give it just the least bit of thought.

Can make a couple of wholemeal chicken salad wraps in about 5 minutes and I'm not even Harry Angstrom.

Most Supermarket soups are topper nowadays n'arl.

Back