Most unwatchable film scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a scene in Caligula where a roman soldier is forced to drink a skinful of red wine, and then ten minutes later when he's blotto the emperor slits his belly open from side to side with a sword and all his innards and a gallon of wine spills out of his body and all over the floor.

I was in the company of a lovely nurse at the cinema when I saw this, and I was so nauseated and shocked by the scene that I swooned. She told me when I came round, that I had displayed the symptoms of a minor heart attack. I was sweating buckets and chilled to the bone. :eek::eek::(:(

Couldn't remember if that was the same film. I know, outstanding.

Yeah, quick tap to the back of the head. He had it coming though. Class film as well
Again, I've recently watched this, all the violence and beatings I survived...but fast forwarded the scene with poor Spider.

There's a scene in Caligula where a roman soldier is forced to drink a skinful of red wine, and then ten minutes later when he's blotto the emperor slits his belly open from side to side with a sword and all his innards and a gallon of wine spills out of his body and all over the floor.

I was in the company of a lovely nurse at the cinema when I saw this, and I was so nauseated and shocked by the scene that I swooned. She told me when I came round, that I had displayed the symptoms of a minor heart attack. I was sweating buckets and chilled to the bone. :eek::eek::(:(
Peculiar choice of 'date night' film there! Hers or yours? :lol:

Without giving the game away, in Michael Haneke's film Hidden, there's a sudden act of violence, which comes from nowhere, which renders it really shocking and disturbing. Once you know it's coming, it's difficult to watch.

Also, Hazel's death in Watership Down, the otter getting shovelled in Ring of Bright Water and Babs' top flying off in Carry On Camping.

Without giving the game away, in Michael Haneke's film Hidden, there's a sudden act of violence, which comes from nowhere, which renders it really shocking and disturbing. Once you know it's coming, it's difficult to watch.

Also, Hazel's death in Watership Down, the otter getting shovelled in Ring of Bright Water and Babs' top flying off in Carry On Camping.
Ring of Bright Water! Someone bought me that years back. Another film I can't watch to the end. Not sure where Babs' top fits into this criteria. Is it the suspense or the quality of boobage that's the problem? :lol:

Ring of Bright Water! Someone bought me that years back. Another film I can't watch to the end. Not sure where Babs' top fits into this criteria. Is it the suspense or the quality of boobage that's the problem? :lol:

Both to some degree, along with the thought of what that scene would be like if she recreated it today...

Well I had difficulty getting past the John Wick scene and gave up not long after! Did it get any better? The dog was acting Keanu off the screen I thought. :lol:

It was fine although didn't really follow the laws of reality. Did you see when he took his dog to work in a car and then started flinging his car about, Dog was no where to be seen. Parts were just odd.

Used to hate snakes on a plane for fear of snakes. Made myself watch it and other snake related videos (non films) and don't feel that bothered anymore. Quite like embracing my fears, gives an odd feeling

Like someone said as well, the scene in saving private Ryan anarl where the private gets stabbed - done the same and can watch it fine

I think it's the fact I know he's going to get it. And just recently realised it's Michael from the Sopranos!

Yeah, its like a car crash in slow motion. Love De Niro's reaction to it as well.
Have to watch it again. Watched about 20 times, but not for about 8 or 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back