Most addictive game you've played

Status
Not open for further replies.

What would it be?

In terms of purely online gaming, it'd either be Halo 3 or CoD 4 for me, just never seemed to get bored of them like I do with those two games now, hoping Advanced Warfare gets me playing it again.

I don't play too many offline games really, but played through all of the Metal Gears in the last year or so and didn't want to stop playing them, especially 3. I am getting The Last of Us tonight though, and after reading the reviews on here hopefully that can overtake MGS. :)

New Star Soccer on my old Galaxy S3... ended up playing 'just one more game' till 5.30am on a schoolnight once :(

CoD 4, put over 35 days into it. It was my first ever console game, plus I was only 12/13. Got in from school and that's all I'd do.
Also when I was 11-14 I put some hours into Battlefield 2142 on the PC. Part of a clan and that I was. :cool:

Counter-Strike, Final Fantasy series. Was getting paid to play CS through sponserships and that, was mental. Used to go down to Birmingham and play LAN competitions and everything. Enjoyed it at the time, but god looking back it's hours you've wasted.

Counter-Strike, Final Fantasy series. Was getting paid to play CS through sponserships and that, was mental. Used to go down to Birmingham and play LAN competitions and everything. Enjoyed it at the time, but god looking back it's hours you've wasted.
How much did you get paid if you don't mind me asking?

How much did you get paid if you don't mind me asking?
Wasn't money as of such, got a free Alienware laptop out of one tournie, all our servers and websites we're paid for, few bits and bobs, boomslang mouses, posh mousemats n that (ice something can't remember the brands) The biggest clan at the time were Ninja's in Pajamas, their best player HeatoN raked in about 50k a year at 16 year old.

All transport and stuff was paid for by our sponsors though

Kingpin was the first game I played where I was kind of addicted, first game I'd ever really seen online. Used to fire my 56k modem up and run about with a 500 ping on some US server.

After that I played CS, Quake and Battlefield 1942.

Wasn't money as of such, got a free Alienware laptop out of one tournie, all our servers and websites we're paid for, few bits and bobs, boomslang mouses, posh mousemats n that (ice something can't remember the brands) The biggest clan at the time were Ninja's in Pajamas, their best player HeatoN raked in about 50k a year at 16 year old.

All transport and stuff was paid for by our sponsors though

I remember Heaton, I used to play quake 3 RA with his cousin for years. I played with a few who first formed 4k and used to ring for them in cs years ago.

Online competitive PC gaming was huge for a while, threatened to completely take over at one point until the Xbox and PS reinvented the console with it's online capability. It's nowhere near the size it used to be now, shame as I never get the same feeling playing a game online now like I did back then, age is a factor now like also but pc gaming has died a death.

Yeah think they're still about. It's thanks to the likes of them that quickscoping clownshoes came about.

Aye, I remember hearing about them loads at the time, but haven't heard much of them for a few years and a quick search shows they are very popular.

I'm looking forward to Advanced Warfare now I've been talking about CoD :lol: You getting it mate?

Aye, I remember hearing about them loads at the time, but haven't heard much of them for a few years and a quick search shows they are very popular.

I'm looking forward to Advanced Warfare now I've been talking about CoD :lol: You getting it mate?
Seen the footage and thought it looked like overblown shite. So yeah, I'll probably get it :lol:

Must say some of the optic/faze/MLG parody videos are a good laugh

What would it be?

In terms of purely online gaming, it'd either be Halo 3 or CoD 4 for me, just never seemed to get bored of them like I do with those two games now, hoping Advanced Warfare gets me playing it again.

I don't play too many offline games really, but played through all of the Metal Gears in the last year or so and didn't want to stop playing them, especially 3. I am getting The Last of Us tonight though, and after reading the reviews on here hopefully that can overtake MGS. :)
The obvious one is Champ Man, beyond that it would be Deus Ex, Half Life and a PC game called Project IGI which had no save points during each mission and could literally take over your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back