Most addictive game you've played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank

Striker
What would it be?

In terms of purely online gaming, it'd either be Halo 3 or CoD 4 for me, just never seemed to get bored of them like I do with those two games now, hoping Advanced Warfare gets me playing it again.

I don't play too many offline games really, but played through all of the Metal Gears in the last year or so and didn't want to stop playing them, especially 3. I am getting The Last of Us tonight though, and after reading the reviews on here hopefully that can overtake MGS. :)

What would it be?

In terms of purely online gaming, it'd either be Halo 3 or CoD 4 for me, just never seemed to get bored of them like I do with those two games now, hoping Advanced Warfare gets me playing it again.

I don't play too many offline games really, but played through all of the Metal Gears in the last year or so and didn't want to stop playing them, especially 3. I am getting The Last of Us tonight though, and after reading the reviews on here hopefully that can overtake MGS. :)

COD4 was my first online FPS and it totally had me hooked - it was always one more game and before I knew it it was 2 in the morning and I had to be up in five hours for work but I couldn't sleep because I kept seeing flashbangs going off!

Havent put football manager down since I a child. So that.

Online, I have played Dota 2 most weeks from the last year.

Cod 4 and WaW, that was the first time I'd ever done any online stuff. Loved it and couldn't get enough of it! Fallout 3 and NV were seriously addictive, still are. Got a ridiculous amount of gametime played on them. Oh and Sensible Soccer. :lol:

COD4 was my first online FPS and it totally had me hooked - it was always one more game and before I knew it it was 2 in the morning and I had to be up in five hours for work but I couldn't sleep because I kept seeing flashbangs going off!
This :lol:

Was a very, very good game. Me and a couple mates would get in from school and play it until going to bed, then just talk about it at school. :lol:

Even the hype when they announced the first map pack for it, everyone was getting it as soon as they could. Search and Destroy was the only one we'd ever really go in, or if we needed challenges for camo we'd just go into Domination or something. Still remember all of the maps, Crossfire was the one. :cool:

Cod 4 and WaW, that was the first time I'd ever done any online stuff. Loved it and couldn't get enough of it! Fallout 3 and NV were seriously addictive, still are. Got a ridiculous amount of gametime played on them. Oh and Sensible Soccer. :lol:

This :lol:

Also have to agree with this. I'll have put a silly amount into both of these two as well! I remember first getting Fallout 3 and tried starting it a couple times and I just really couldn't get into it, tried one more time about 6 months later and couldn't get off the thing. Mind, I f***ing hated that DLC for the winter part to get the Winterized Armour and stealth armour, must have done it about 6/7 times :lol:

Was a very, very good game. Me and a couple mates would get in from school and play it until going to bed, then just talk about it at school. :lol:

Even the hype when they announced the first map pack for it, everyone was getting it as soon as they could. Search and Destroy was the only one we'd ever really go in, or if we needed challenges for camo we'd just go into Domination or something. Still remember all of the maps, Crossfire was the one. :cool:

It's good but its no Backlot - to be fair though practically every map was a masterpiece except f***ing Bloc. I hated that map

It's good but its no Backlot - to be fair though practically every map was a masterpiece except f***ing Bloc. I hated that map
That first sniper you started with as well, OP as fuck, just wiped anyone out!

Aye the maps were all class, everything about that game was spot on, enjoyed every map and just enjoyed playing it. Looking forward to the new one now I've started talking about it. :oops::lol:

Also have to agree with this. I'll have put a silly amount into both of these two as well! I remember first getting Fallout 3 and tried starting it a couple times and I just really couldn't get into it, tried one more time about 6 months later and couldn't get off the thing. Mind, I f***ing hated that DLC for the winter part to get the Winterized Armour and stealth armour, must have done it about 6/7 times :lol:
Operation Anchorage? Yeah that wasn't the best like, stealth armour was class mind. Broken Steel was very good, plus it boosted you level up to 30.

That first sniper you started with as well, OP as fuck, just wiped anyone out!

Aye the maps were all class, everything about that game was spot on, enjoyed every map and just enjoyed playing it. Looking forward to the new one now I've started talking about it. :oops::lol:

My interest in the COD series has declined the longer it has gone on.

Really enjoyed WAW, MW2 and Black ops 1. Even MW3 was ok but Black ops 2 was terrible

The simplicity of the earlier ones made them the best in my opinion. Only three killstreaks etc. etc.

Now they've just ruined the game to meet the demands of the screaming kids

Operation Anchorage? Yeah that wasn't the best like, stealth armour was class mind. Broken Steel was very good, plus it boosted you level up to 30.
That's the one, I didn't really mind it, but I'd started that many new games when I was bored and I always done it as soon as I could, I just got sick of the sight of it. :lol:

And in NV I've still got a game on my PC but haven't touched it in a while, need to get back on sometime and finish everything I can.

Used to like Backlot, Ambush, Overgrown, Crossfire, Pipeline and the one with the market in the middle? Although it was pretty shite for airstrikes.

Fifa the last few years, although I haven't actually played that much of 15 yet. Always want to play one more match if I get beat because I don't want to end on a loss, then if I win I want to keep my momentum going, and think to myself "I might as well finish this on line season" :lol:

All of the CODs until MW3

Really enjoyed WAW, MW2 and Black ops 1. Even MW3 was ok but Black ops 2 was terrible

The simplicity of the earlier ones made them the best in my opinion. Only three killstreaks etc. etc.

Yeah that's it. Everyone was on a level playing field. UAV, airstrike, chopper. Simple and effective, I'm the same as you in terms of enjoying them in that order. I didn't like WAW at first but it grew on me the more I played it and ended up loving it, loved zombies also!

Totally agree. They steadily got worse. Seeing as though they're bringing remastered games back they should release a next gen cod4/mw2 hd game with all the dlc etc. Would sell a shitload of copies for them, and pure bliss for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back