Morroco

Booked a last minute deal just after Xmas about 10 years back, pleasant staying in the big hotel compound, did a few trips outside and found it awful tbh, dirty, smelly, lots of visible animal abuse, people constantly trying to sell you tat (very pushy and not happy when you don't) this was mostly in and around the big walled-in square place, hearing that praying music stuff sent a chill down me spine every time they belted it out too (not really a place for me I guess)

Shit tip. Dead cats. Everyone trying it on. No booze in thr medina. Just a generally poor experience.
I was only there a short period of time like. Certainly not nice & shiney, no dead cats I saw & the drink thing is a bit of a pain, but I’d guess it’s only a few days. I’d quite happily give up not drinking in a pub/restaurant setting for a few days to be exposed to a very different culture.

Oh aye, the driving. f***ing nuts. Just mad bastards on mopeds dodging in & out of buses & lorries, practically playing chicken with a couple of kids on the back not wearing helmets. It got to the point where I just stopped worrying cos there was nowt I could do about it.
Aye ,my IJ reference was more the geography of it all ,goats up trees , markets towns with no cars . Pick ups with no bonnets etc . Camels etc

Last edited:
Aye ,my IJ reference was more the geography of it all ,goats up trees , markets towns with no cars . Pick ups with no bonnets etc . Camels etc
Ive only driven overseas four times

South Africa
Jamaica
USA
Italy

There should be a reality show where they get a driver from each and just put them in different coubtries amd just say "ok drive"

Be literally car crash tv

Ive only driven overseas four times

South Africa
Jamaica
USA
Italy

There should be a reality show where they get a driver from each and just put them in different coubtries amd just say "ok drive"

Be literally car crash tv
In that case hire a car and have ride down to the coast for couple of days via N10 Tizi N'test, be another notch on your driving bow.

Back