Morroco

Been quite a few times when I was on gib,it’s scam artist central.Shit-tip to be honest,Marrakesh Jemma el-fnaa was ok’ish get the soup du Maroc and fresh orange juice and if you bump into a local with a few vicious looking scars running down his face turn and walk in the opposite direction.

My dad visited nearby Tunisia and wasn’t impressed. Very noisy and quite violent he said.
I think it was about 1943. 😐
Aye my dad went to egypt said the same . Was keen to revisit his old war haunts but wouldnt go back to egypt .
" Land of bloody bastards fare thee well " was his take .
I didnt mind Marrakech to be fair , be a bit of a culture shock for the non traveling type though i expect .

We went to Marrakesh a few years back. Stayed in an over-the-top traditional riad, sampled the food - tagine cooked, couscous, peppermint tea - visited the sites : Jemaa el-Fnaa (the famous square, bazaar etc, surrounded by restaurants and stalls, street traders and entertainers), the souks, the city walls and palaces, the Menara gardens, the Majorelle Gardens, Yves Saint Laurent Museum… etc etc.

Loved it. Loved the architecture, culture etc. We had planned to take a trip to the Atlas Mountains and maybe other places but didn’t.

We went to Marrakesh a few years back. Stayed in an over-the-top traditional riad, sampled the food - tagine cooked, couscous, peppermint tea - visited the sites : Jemaa el-Fnaa (the famous square, bazaar etc, surrounded by restaurants and stalls, street traders and entertainers), the souks, the city walls and palaces, the Menara gardens, the Majorelle Gardens, Yves Saint Laurent Museum… etc etc.

Loved it. Loved the architecture, culture etc. We had planned to take a trip to the Atlas Mountains and maybe other places but didn’t.
One of the best days I've ever had horse riding in the high Alas above Marrakech, felt like Clint Eastwood.

Aye my dad went to egypt said the same . Was keen to revisit his old war haunts but wouldnt go back to egypt .
" Land of bloody bastards fare thee well " was his take .
I didnt mind Marrakech to be fair , be a bit of a culture shock for the non traveling type though i expect .
“ They’d cut your throat for an orange!” 🍊🔪😳

I was there for a night a few weeks back. Mad place like, loads going on everywhere you look. Snakes dancing & monkeys wearing Messi strips. Want to take owa lass back for 2/3 nights but nearest flights are Manchester or Glasgow.

No real recommendations on what to do like. The nighttime we had a meal organised for us, then got taken to a karaoke bar. Next day walked around the markets before our flight home.

I’d definitely go back like.
Minging that. Captive animals for tourists is awful. Definitely a reason never to go there

They threw me in jail back in 1977 after planting hash on me. let me go 24 hours later after taking my money everything my money of value i had (not that much TBH) and the hash of course. Complained to the Brit consul office..they said hey son, at least they let you out.

Havent been back.

Might have improved, but I'm not taking the chance

They threw me in jail back in 1977 after planting hash on me. let me go 24 hours later after taking my money everything my money of value i had (not that much TBH) and the hash of course. Complained to the Brit consul office..they said hey son, at least they let you out.

Havent been back.

Might have improved, but I'm not taking the chance
Came through the border at Ceuta (Spanish enclave) on the Moroccan side all they ask when they see “Hashish,you have Hashish” 🍫

Came through the border at Ceuta (Spanish enclave) on the Moroccan side all they ask when they see “Hashish,you have Hashish” 🍫
Guy tried to sell it to me on a train along the coast between Tangiers and Asliah (sp). Figured something was off, but then he left his seat ..said he was going to buy a ticket (you could do that on the train as well as at the station) ..30 seconds or so later couple of guards turn up..he'd left the pouch he had the hash in across from me. They took me off the train and threw me in a cell..well more like a deep hole with bars over the top. Not the best next 18 hours before I got out.

Back