Morgan finished?

Does he turn out in t20 this season for Middlesex ?

Has he got a contract in the 100?

He has been a superb player in the white ball for a longtime, he owes England nowt and if it is his finish, then I can only applaud the man and thank him for the memories
Yeah. I watched him the other week in a game on tv, was painful

I was assuming so but now this' been posted he'll no doubt have an Indian summer to his career and be a run machine for the next few years

Moeen Ali on TMS seemed to expect him to stay on for the T20.
But sounds like it’ll be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:
Buttler taking over? Can't see the likes of Stokes or Bairstow taking over when they're very much the focus of the test side. Might mean Jos doing what Morgan did and decide to focus on the white ball stuff.

If true, good that he's going early and not having a farewell tournament out of vanity. He's been struggling to justify his place in both formats this last year

I think he's publicly admitted at times that if it was the right decision for the team then he'd step away. Don't think he's the type to just double down and try and keep going on and on to the detriment of the team

I think he's publicly admitted at times that if it was the right decision for the team then he'd step away. Don't think he's the type to just double down and try and keep going on and on to the detriment of the team
Niall O'Brien on commentary last week said he's known Morgan since they were 6 and said if it's not right Morgan will just walk away, he wouldn't look for a last hurrah or to drag anything out. Probably wishes he'd done it a few weeks ago and he might have got the one day coach role, if that's what he wants to do.

Loved watching him play, that South African series where he was reverse flicking the ball over the slips was fantastic, first time I'd seen someone regularly doing that. And he's done so much as captain to change the culture and approach of the team, think we have a lot to thank him for. Even if he's doing it by numbers on the pitch (a contribution on behalf of someone not here just now).

Back