More fear mongering

Status
Not open for further replies.

This whole Christmas thing is completely out of proportion when you think about how much Piers Morgan style wailing is going on.

Essentially, the whoppers who would ignore the rules would have ignored them anyway.

Rest of the population will get on with it.

This whole Christmas thing is completely out of proportion when you think about how much Piers Morgan style wailing is going on.

Essentially, the whoppers who would ignore the rules would have ignored them anyway.

It's 10,000 times safer than schools and workplaces being open

Exactly, it's been blown way, way out of proportion. People wont be mixing in cafes, public transport, work etc so if healthy people mix with their nearest and dearest then I dont see the problem. The majority of people are sensible despite what the media and govt think.

Education is closed, many workplaces have broke up.
This new strain, I’ve yet to see any evidence it’s more contagious other than our governments comments.
I’m sceptical the new strain is to blame for the increased infections, prob just me with my lack of trust in Boris.
Yes new strains were always expected, it’s the norm they said months ago.
If anything the WHO should have released statements and how it’s changed it’s capability to infect easier.
Not the WHO band by the way ;)

Johnson and his idiot mates are about to drop a monumental bollcock with this Xmas free for all. They know it but can’t do anything other than sit and watch it unfold.
Aye, its not like there are warning signs in other countries about what happens when you 'relax' the rules for a few days.

The whole 5 day piss up is going to an absolute disaster

Agree with that people are going to not only spread it but spread it to vulnerable members of their families.

Agree with the op as well, the media have been a disgrace with all their scare mongering.

Just take the day the first vaccines were done. Every single media outlets including social media all focused on the two negative reactions (despite them still been vaccinated correctly and were heavily allergic to a lot of things) instead of all the people who received the vaccine and who have continued to receive the vaccine with no problems what so ever. Not one thing said about that.

They feed off bad news and whip people into a frenzy.

Agree with that people are going to not only spread it but spread it to vulnerable members of their families.

Agree with the op as well, the media have been a disgrace with all their scare mongering.

Just take the day the first vaccines were done. Every single media outlets including social media all focused on the two negative reactions (despite them still been vaccinated correctly and were heavily allergic to a lot of things) instead of all the people who received the vaccine and who have continued to receive the vaccine with no problems what so ever. Not one thing said about that.

They feed off bad news and whip people into a frenzy.
at times this year I’ve found myself wondering if we’d be better off without a free press, not a healthy thought to be having I know :(

Absolute scum journalism. They have no idea about this 'mutant' strain but just speculate anyway. The language they use is appalling.
I wish links didn’t replace with just the headline and it was easy to tell on a tablet where you were clicking. I’ve just given the sun some advertising hits :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back