Moral/legal scratchcard question

After the story of those crooks being denied the win, are scratchies transferable?
For example, if you were separated with an impending divorce and you won say £100k, could you just give the ticket to your girlfriend and have her feed the money back to you, thus avoiding your wife getting any?

what if you win 40 grand a year for life and you seperate and mrs has claimed it and you never see her again :eek::evil:

How long can you claim for in future like?
We’ve been separated 9 years so it’s not like it’s just happened.
From Do I Need a Clean Break Order When I Divorce? | Co-op Family Law

"This means that decades down the line, if one person became financially successful, for example, or inherited a significant sum of money, then the other could be legally entitled to a share of this. Astonishingly, this could happen even though the couple may not have seen or even spoken to one another for decades."

I was advised to get one as the ex doesn't have a pension and the solicitor said she could come after mine in the future. She had no problem signing it mind.

From Do I Need a Clean Break Order When I Divorce? | Co-op Family Law

"This means that decades down the line, if one person became financially successful, for example, or inherited a significant sum of money, then the other could be legally entitled to a share of this. Astonishingly, this could happen even though the couple may not have seen or even spoken to one another for decades."

I was advised to get one as the ex doesn't have a pension and the solicitor said she could come after mine in the future. She had no problem signing it mind.
My ex will inherit considerably more than me, so maybe I should say nowt?

Did anyone catch that episode of Columbo where the fella is going through a divorce then comes into loads of money? To get around it he asks an uncle to cash in the lottery ticket for a fee on his behalf.

But the uncle,being a twat,kills him?

Aren’t you supposed to fill the back in with your details straight away or something?

As an aside, I hope if the card was nicked that was used to buy the scratchcard that camelot pay out to the card owner, they wouldn’t be losing out financially.
Aye, same as getting stuff refunded in shops, if you've paid by card then they pay the refund to that card.

Back