Moral/legal scratchcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Herbal

Striker
After the story of those crooks being denied the win, are scratchies transferable?
For example, if you were separated with an impending divorce and you won say £100k, could you just give the ticket to your girlfriend and have her feed the money back to you, thus avoiding your wife getting any?

After the story of those crooks being denied the win, are scratchies transferable?
For example, if you were separated with an impending divorce and you won say £100k, could you just give the ticket to your girlfriend and have her feed the money back to you, thus avoiding your wife getting any?

Aren’t you supposed to fill the back in with your details straight away or something?

As an aside, I hope if the card was nicked that was used to buy the scratchcard that camelot pay out to the card owner, they wouldn’t be losing out financially.

I have seen scratch cards/lottery tickets given as gifts in birthday cards. The said recipient of scratch card could say they received it this way, obviously cross referencing someone who had a birthday/anniversary near the date of purchase. Simples....

Don't go public , don't tell anyone, open a new bank account don't tell her, or transfer it to a family member instantly, not rocket science is it

I'm sure a judge would see through that ploy. Mate of mine has a few quid put by and comes from a good family. He is going through a divorce and decided to transfer ownership of his house, car and savings over to his mother to try and avoid having to pay his ex. The judge just laughed and said "nice try son" then ordered him to pay her £300k (half his assets):lol:

Not inflatable with air so much as filled with beer. 9 pints in one sitting.:eek:
I didn’t think this was unusual?

I'm sure a judge would see through that ploy. Mate of mine has a few quid put by and comes from a good family. He is going through a divorce and decided to transfer ownership of his house, car and savings over to his mother to try and avoid having to pay his ex. The judge just laughed and said "nice try son" then ordered him to pay her £300k (half his assets):lol:
We’ve agreed on a quickie divorce with no transfer of assets or debts. If I won in the meantime, would I have to tell her?

Last edited:
We’ve agreed on a quickie divorce with no transfer of assets or debts. If I won in the meantime, would I have to tell her?
I'd imagine she (not that I know your missus) might change her mind if you suddenly came into a serious amount of money

I didn’t think this was unusual?

Get a clean break order too, else she could make a claim against you in the future e.g. if you won £100k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back