Montenegro vs England - ITV - 7:45pm kick off...

England should win but not a big score. Slightly surprised that Henderson is only on the bench. I thought his experience would be ideal for this. Okay but motivated team at home in a hostile atmosphere... that, to me, seems to be the kind of place where Hendo thrives.

No - doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough though.

Agreed. Ask Chelsea fans whether he should have started several league games and they'd say he should have.

Has Hudson-Odoi ever started a premier league game?

Good to see Southgate reverting to the old ways of not picking players based on merit.

just because Hudson-Odoi can't get in Chelsea's team ahead of Hazard, doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

Southgate can't afford to wait for our youngsters to 50 premier league apps at Chelsea before he picks them.

just because Hudson-Odoi can't get in Chelsea's team ahead of Hazard, doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

Southgate can't afford to wait for our youngsters to 50 premier league apps at Chelsea before he picks them.

How can you judge he is good enough if he hasn't ever played?

England should win but not a big score. Slightly surprised that Henderson is only on the bench. I thought his experience would be ideal for this. Okay but motivated team at home in a hostile atmosphere... that, to me, seems to be the kind of place where Hendo thrives.

Agreed. Ask Chelsea fans whether he should have started several league games and they'd say he should have.
He wasn't fit for Liverpool's last game so maybe not capable of two games in a few days

Our fans were clamouring for Ryan Noble to play not so long ago as well as many other youngsters who turned out to be shithouses.

It’s fantastic to see Southgate picking players who are motivated, hungry, enthusiastic, carefree and not bogged down by years of their nation picking ‘experience’.

How do you knoe hr is motivated, hungry, enthusiastic, carefree and not bogged down by years of their nation picking ‘experience’?

I'm not advocating picking the same players as years gone by, I'm saying the players who deserve to get picked should. He has never started a game, therefore how can he be in the squad on merit?

Last edited:
Wouldn't be playing if he didn't play (or not play) for Chelsea.

That’s a hypothesis you’ve no way of proving. But the reason he’s at Chelsea, a top English club, is because he is a very talented player.

The ‘he wouldn’t be playing if...’ argument is lazy, tired and not actually representative of Southgate’s time in charge of England.

Our fans were clamouring for Ryan Noble to play not so long ago as well as many other youngsters who turned out to be shithouses.

How do you knoe hr is motivated, hungry, enthusiastic, carefree and not bogged down by years of their nation picking ‘experience’?

I'm not advocating picking the same players as years gone by, I'm saying the players who deserve to get picked should. He has never started a game, therefore how can he be in the squad on merit?

So who would you remove in favour of?

Back