Model Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't bother with model mayhem, go straight to the model agencies.
They all have too many girls who aren't doing enough work, so if you aren't really bad, they'll let you shoot their girls as it looks like they are doing their job.

All the new girls will be desperate for pictures and as this is a networking industry will be over the moon with working with new people and getting time in front of the camera.

Their used be Tyne tees models, who were the best in the area. am models is no closed down. Boho models might still be going, but were the worst and a bit ropey, and in Sunderland I think there is zeebra or something like that.

It's been years since I've used any of them but you can get pretty girls if you look hard enough.

I always find it helps if you have a hair and make up artist on board as this means you'll get something that hopefully is a bit polished. Model mayhem might help you there. Stylists also help the shoot be more professional. If you have both of these you will be able to choose from heads of girls.

Then tell the model agency what you plan to do and show them some pics of your ideas, a mood board shows you've thought about it and will probably get better work. You might need to show some of your pics if you have never worked with them before, make them relevant!

Don't ask for girls you want, just ask the agency who the have available and who they think would fit the brief you have given them. The best girls won't do tests unless your book is amazing, so see who is available and pick the best. Remember to look at all of the girls pics to see what she really looks especially her worst photo!

Always do a head shot, that way the agency has something that it can always use, a lot of the girls want swimwear, or lingerie pictures as that shows they have a good body, but you might need to build up to that.

Don't just get a girl and ask her to do her own hair and make up and bring some clothes. You might get lucky and get an amazing girl, with great style and taste but you probably won't.

Studio wise, book it for a day, and get loads of girls to come throughout the day, have 2 set ups, one head shot and the other full length, you can then both be shooting at opposite ends of the studio if the have the right sync cables or you can black it out.

I hope this helps.

And remember Fashion is so much better than Landscapes!!!

Have you done a lot of this kinda stuff, jonny? Do you have a portfolio I could check out?

Thanks for all the info

Have you done a lot of this kinda stuff, jonny? Do you have a portfolio I could check out?

Thanks for all the info

Yeah I worked with the agencies when I was at college, many moons ago.
I haven't used them in years but all agencies are the same, they want to look like they are getting their client work. They'll tell the girls they need to update their portfolio to get better work.
Once you've not made a mess of shooting the girls they'll give you better girls. Once you've done it a few times, they'll usually let you shoot who you want as long as you are giving them good stuff.

I suppose its time to remove my anonymity, so...

click here

Yeah I worked with the agencies when I was at college, many moons ago.
I haven't used them in years but all agencies are the same, they want to look like they are getting their client work. They'll tell the girls they need to update their portfolio to get better work.
Once you've not made a mess of shooting the girls they'll give you better girls. Once you've done it a few times, they'll usually let you shoot who you want as long as you are giving them good stuff.

I suppose its time to remove my anonymity, so...

click here

You're surprisingly attractive

Andy, let me know when you're next free if you wanna split a studio.

Will do mate... got a few jobs on over the next month but reckon I'll have some free time after that to organise something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back