Mo Farah

I noticed she was essentially saying its something of nothing on the BBC as no athletes have been caught.

It's just astonishing and yet sort of not

I think her point was more that the governing bodies need to be doing more because finding a coach guilty but not any of the athletes he’s worked with doesn’t seem right.

She was pretty clear in that the current tests don’t cover all banned substances as well.

Agreed with most of what she said but the hypocrisy surrounding Mo and that mob saying he hasn’t done anything wrong absolutely stinks.

I think her point was more that the governing bodies need to be doing more because finding a coach guilty but not any of the athletes he’s worked with doesn’t seem right.

She was pretty clear in that the current tests don’t cover all banned substances as well.

Agreed with most of what she said but the hypocrisy surrounding Mo and that mob saying he hasn’t done anything wrong absolutely stinks.
Hmmm, I think that's a very charitable interpretation. She repeatedly tried to denigrate the value of the inquiry because of the results and the money spent, which is both absurd given who is now banned and wilfully naive given that it assumes this is the end rather than the beginning (wilfully as I think that is what she would like). She also used it to completely downplay the offence by Salazar - 'stepped just over the line', 'competing against athletes that are really cheating' etc.

Also, the attempt to humanise Salazar 'that other athletes are tainted will be what hurts him more than anything'...bleurgh.

I thought it was absolutely nauseating tbh

Hmmm, I think that's a very charitable interpretation. She repeatedly tried to denigrate the value of the inquiry because of the results and the money spent, which is both absurd given who is now banned and wilfully naive given that it assumes this is the end rather than the beginning (wilfully as I think that is what she would like). She also used it to completely downplay the offence by Salazar - 'stepped just over the line', 'competing against athletes that are really cheating' etc.

Also, the attempt to humanise Salazar 'that other athletes are tainted will be what hurts him more than anything'...bleurgh.

I thought it was absolutely nauseating tbh

I get your point. I think she had to tread something of a fine line as he’s appealing and there’s probably only so far you can go in what you’re saying.

I do however think the line from the entire BBC panel would be much different if there’d been no British athletes involved with Salazar.

Thinking back on it now as well she was very quick to deny that UKA have anything to answer for in the enquiry they made into the Projects validity which effectively gave the green light for Farah to say there.

All a bit odd, I dare say that a lot of them know a lot more than is being let on, insider info will be rife as it is in all industries.

I get your point. I think she had to tread something of a fine line as he’s appealing and there’s probably only so far you can go in what you’re saying.

I do however think the line from the entire BBC panel would be much different if there’d been no British athletes involved with Salazar.

Thinking back on it now as well she was very quick to deny that UKA have anything to answer for in the enquiry they made into the Projects validity which effectively gave the green light for Farah to say there.

All a bit odd, I dare say that a lot of them know a lot more than is being let on, insider info will be rife as it is in all industries.
Salazar's former assistant coach turned whistle-blower said that UKA spoke to him for 30-45 mins about it, which says it all about their interest in getting to the truth.

Salazar's former assistant coach turned whistle-blower said that UKA spoke to him for 30-45 mins about it, which says it all about their interest in getting to the truth.

Aye, there’s no way there’s the only the Russians at it consistently, there’s a lot being swept under the carpet it seems to me.

Aw aye I keep an open mind with this stuff I just don't really see how it's possible in this day and age. I could be wrong but I can't imagine the British Athletic authorities in this country would be complicit in it like in some cases in America and Russia etc.

I understand the basics of blood doping etc but what exactly is Farah being accused of specifically, and what are his accusers saying he is doing to evade being caught.
Ignoring his doorbell when the testers turned up - claimed he'd been asleep for an hour...
Well he dodged two drug tests ahead of the 2012 Olympics. "Didn't hear the doorbell" was his excuse.

Thing is, lots of the stuff about him individually is innocuous enough, but when you put it all together it starts to stink.
^ wot he said

tbh, I fully expect almost all elite level athletes to be pushing the boundaries all the time. If they don't, they won't be able to compete, because everyone else is.

Its not cheating, at least not definitely cheating.
What's not cheating?

Comes to something when even Lance is rolling his eyes at you

Last edited:
allegations against Salazar been around for years...he stuck with him way after that.
The whole Nike thing stinks, and BBC pundits ( Cram included) have done themselves no credit by defending Salazar to the hilt...funny enough all paid by Nike as ambassàdors etc

Seb Coe avoided questions about it as well, it’s all wrong without a doubt. Nike are worth far too much to athletics in general for anyone to really open Pandora’s box, nobody wants to know and I expect it to stay that way which I find sad.
Amazing that Salazers been banned for systemic doping yet every single one of his athletes deny they've doped.

Farah is the biggest Fraud in UK athletics history.

Or have ever tested positive, mind boggling.

Back