Minimum Wage increase

You and the wife are migrants too right? so have a fuckoff from me, and it isn't JUST about immigration.
I don't complain about migrants to the UK - you do! I might be but the missus has the same rights as citizen of the country we live in

You've basically fucked your life up and are now shitting yourself about getting a job back in the UK - the price of beer is gonna kill you

If you are working above minimum wage but with the increase it means that you will be on minimum wage, would this not equate to a pay cut and not an increase?
No one has had anything like the rises at the % s that the min wage workers have these last few years . Creates a lot of issues as people above the min expect similar rises

Would be interesting to see the percentage of workers that are on minimum wage compared to 5,10,15, years ago. The idea I thought was that it would help drag all wages up and have a domino effect. Instead all that has happened is minimum wage has just caught up to more and more people's wages.

Exactly UK has become very expensive in every way, ripoff Britain etc etc

If immigration was zero, for the next hundred years. Or something like 2% legal immigration. Housing prices would go down, everything would. Uk might have 50m living in it by 2040. but corporastions just want everything keep going up and up, decreasing housing, driving prices up for homes they rent out. IT affects everything. Really hope the UK finds a way out of the utter mess it's become.
Posted from China :lol:

Like their property market hasn’t gone mad.

Exactly UK has become very expensive in every way, ripoff Britain etc etc

If immigration was zero, for the next hundred years. Or something like 2% legal immigration. Housing prices would go down, everything would. Uk might have 50m living in it by 2040. but corporastions just want everything keep going up and up, decreasing housing, driving prices up for homes they rent out. IT affects everything. Really hope the UK finds a way out of the utter mess it's become.
The people in this country have a fairly high standard of living and expect that to at least be maintained. Stop immigration and that standard of living would drop through the floor as we wouldn’t be able to fill a wide range of both skilled and unskilled positions. But at least houses would be cheaper.

Posted from China :lol:

Like their property market hasn’t gone mad.
Indeed I am and it's been a good 10 year experience. They've been overcharging for the 'cocrete coffins' since the 00s apparently and it's a market in decline. They look nice on the outside but are cheaply built with no interior decoration, just basic plumbing. The dowri isn't what it was 50 years ago either. little bit of hongbao (red envelope) two pigs and some farming tools.

Now it's Apartment, plus car, plus jewellery in order to get married. Most graduates don't have that money until late 20s, if ever. Government own the land and apartments, sorry they 'manage' the land, for the people, but the people can't own the land.
The people in this country have a fairly high standard of living and expect that to at least be maintained. Stop immigration and that standard of living would drop through the floor as we wouldn’t be able to fill a wide range of both skilled and unskilled positions. But at least houses would be cheaper.
Everything would be affected and the working/upper class would benefit from less compeetition for housing/jobs etc.

Overpopulation like in China = decrease in value of people and it's not nice if you are one of them. China is mostly a peasant nation, they need a lot of farmers and manual labor workers, less office staff and Teachers etc

Education
And then there's the education system. All children are 'allowed' to attend Primary School and Middle School. 50% are 'allowed' to attend High School and only 25% maximum go on to University in China. The ones that didn't have a high enough score at the end of High school, knowing they won't pass the gao-kao in three years. Apply for Universities abraod and have rich parents. Many of them still have poor oral English when they are 18 and their grades are 'fudged' by schools in the USA and UK etc

Last edited:
Simple answer is no

Both me and the wife have been offered jobs in the UK over the last few years but with the cost of living over there we'd have to earn 50% more to have the same standard of living as we have now - makes no sense
My mate eho lives in Maribor twists like fuck about prices here now. Stupid kernt brought about £80 for a 3 day pissup in London! 😂

Would be interesting to see the percentage of workers that are on minimum wage compared to 5,10,15, years ago. The idea I thought was that it would help drag all wages up and have a domino effect. Instead all that has happened is minimum wage has just caught up to more and more people's wages.

It happened in Wilko. They didn't increase anyone elses wages when min wage went up, so the supervisors kicked off as they ended up on something daft like 20p an hour more than regular workers but still had the extra responsibilities.

I was on 20k a year in 2005, 35 hour working week. Which is 19200 a yewar on the current minimum wage of 10 quid. Is eaasy enough to get by in the UK on 20k these days? It wasn't back then but I guess my pocketmoney was maybe 50%
Nmw will be about £24k from April. That's based on a 40 hour week.
Shame isn't it. Single folk, Working class and upper working class will struggle to own a small 2bed home, car and pay all the bills if they are on 20k in 2024
What is upper working class?

2 people earning minimum wage can easily afford a 2 bed home around here.

Last edited:
Nmw will be about £24k from April. That's based on a 40 hour week.

What is upper working class?

2 people earning minimum wage can easily afford a 2 bed home around here.
Which is 4k more than I was getting 20 years ago, in an office job. So something is very wrong with the UK. Cost of living has probably doubled since 2005, it's now 2024 and as you said nmw is 24k

20 years worth of data to look at. If I had stayed in the UK I should be on 50k now? Is that in line with cost of living and my salary increasing in line with that? In theory I tink shit has gone up in price but not in line with peopes ability to pay for goods and services, the most importatnt ones being working class. As there are more working class than anything else. Those are the people that need to be able to afford to live in their own country.

Get that right and everything else will fall into place. But the Psycopath globalists and their insane greed don't care! They already gets (golum) what they want, at others expense. Hence the "heat or eat" dilemma in recenttimes.

Not 1st world economics

Last edited:
Which is 4k more than I was getting 20 years ago, in an office job. So something is very wrong with the UK. Cost of living has probably doubled since 2005, it's now 2024 and as you said nmw is 24k

You were on far more than minimum wage back then though, so it's irrelevant really. Had you been in minimum wage back then you would have been earning half of that.
20 years worth of data to look at. If I had stayed in the UK I should be on 50k now?

£20k in 2004 is worth circa £35k now.

Last edited:
You were on far more than minimum wage back then though, so it's irrelevant really. Had you been in minimum wage back then you would have been earning half of that.

£20k in 2004 is worth circa £35k now.
working class = 20/30k
upper wc = 30/35 but not as far as what you would say is a very middle class salary. Which would be? 40k and upwards?

Juniour doctors are on 28k? Same as the binmen? See, that's jsut wrong.

working class = 20/30k
upper wc = 30/35 but not as far as what you would say is a very middle class salary. Which would be? 40k and upwards?

Juniour doctors are on 28k? Same as the binmen? See, that's jsut wrong.
They aren't though. The very lowest paid (usually 22 year old trainees, fresh from uni) average about 41k year. It increases sharply thereafter.

The concept of an upper working class is absurd too.

Back