Minimum Wage increase

sandy

Reserve Squad
If you are working above minimum wage but with the increase it means that you will be on minimum wage, would this not equate to a pay cut and not an increase?

If minimum wage catches up with your current wage, at least you'll be in line for a pay rise next year when NMW no doubt increases.

I was on 20k a year in 2005, 35 hour working week. Which is 19200 a yewar on the current minimum wage of 10 quid. Is eaasy enough to get by in the UK on 20k these days? It wasn't back then but I guess my pocketmoney was maybe 50%

Sales people at our place aren’t getting their pay upped when the minimum wage goes up, they get basic pay plus commission, is this legal ?

If you are working above minimum wage but with the increase it means that you will be on minimum wage, would this not equate to a pay cut and not an increase?
Not a pay cut as such but the premium you were getting has disappeared. I’d want the differential to remain or I’d be off.
Sales people at our place aren’t getting their pay upped when the minimum wage goes up, they get basic pay plus commission, is this legal ?
As long as the pay they receive is at or above minimum wage it isn’t illegal.

I was on 20k a year in 2005, 35 hour working week. Which is 19200 a yewar on the current minimum wage of 10 quid. Is eaasy enough to get by in the UK on 20k these days? It wasn't back then but I guess my pocketmoney was maybe 50%
Aye a decent wage for a teenager living at home, won't go far otherwise. Just realised 2005 is nearly 20 years ago😳, a lot has changed

Simple answer is no

Both me and the wife have been offered jobs in the UK over the last few years but with the cost of living over there we'd have to earn 50% more to have the same standard of living as we have now - makes no sense

Simple answer is no

Both me and the wife have been offered jobs in the UK over the last few years but with the cost of living over there we'd have to earn 50% more to have the same standard of living as we have now - makes no sense
Shame isn't it. Single folk, Working class and upper working class will struggle to own a small 2bed home, car and pay all the bills if they are on 20k in 2024

Shame isn't it. Single folk, Working class and upper working class will struggle to own a small 2bed home, car and pay all the bills if they are on 20k in 2024
20k is f*** all these days though. You compared to 2005 where the minimum wage for over 22’s was a fiver, over half of what it is now

20k is f*** all these days though. You compared to 2005 where the minimum wage for over 22’s was a fiver, over half of what it is now
Exactly UK has become very expensive in every way, ripoff Britain etc etc

If immigration was zero, for the next hundred years. Or something like 2% legal immigration. Housing prices would go down, everything would. Uk might have 50m living in it by 2040. but corporastions just want everything keep going up and up, decreasing housing, driving prices up for homes they rent out. IT affects everything. Really hope the UK finds a way out of the utter mess it's become.

Exactly UK has become very expensive in every way, ripoff Britain etc etc

If immigration was zero, for the next hundred years. Or something like 2% legal immigration. Housing prices would go down, everything would. Uk might have 50m living in it by 2040. but corporastions just want everything keep going up and up, decreasing housing, driving prices up for homes they rent out. IT affects everything. Really hope the UK finds a way out of the utter mess it's become.
And we get to the crux of your post - you're a migrant man fuck off

Back