minibus overturned tonight on A1 northbound tonight in Yorkshire

It’s mental how complacent you can get on minibuses and coaches. I always wear a seatbelt in a car including taxis but for some reason my logic goes out the window when it comes to travelling to away games. Mostly cos you’re having a few beers and throw caution to the wind. Hope the lads all ok.

One of the posts above from one of the parents suggest seatbelt injury. I’ve never worn a belt on a bus
Aye, I’ve never even thought about a belt. It’s like it doesn’t matter on anything bigger than a car, which is obviously bollocks.
Seen a post about the incident come up on Facebook

Bei Facebook anmelden
Sounds like he might not have been wearing a belt if he’s ended up halfway home after the crash. Makes you think, this was somebody else driving & over a dozen people have suffered consequences.

Last edited:
Seen a post about the incident come up on Facebook

Bei Facebook anmelden
Jesus.
Our bus driver fell asleep on the way to Wembley and took out two cars on the M1 after crashing into the railings. We all got out of it unscathed and we joke about it as if it wasn't a big deal. Not sure how I'd cope after a serious event.
Well written and measured post from the lad considering his emotions must be all over the shop.

Jesus.
Our bus driver fell asleep on the way to Wembley and took out two cars on the M1 after crashing into the railings. We all got out of it unscathed and we joke about it as if it wasn't a big deal. Not sure how I'd cope after a serious event.
Well written and measured post from the lad considering his emotions must be all over the shop.
The fact he’s a comedian I’m sure (as everyone is relatively ok) it’ll make its way into his routine somehow.

But that’s how a lot of us deal with events such as this. Through humour.

Sounds like the white car in the outside lane was braking on someone tailgating them . Hope they find them

Some right twats drive cars don’t they.
Everyone knows even driving at 70mph you don’t immediately stop and not everyone reacts to a situation when you need to brake whilst driving at higher speeds.

Been in a few scary moments myself driving to football.

The driver of that white car will be found as cameras should find him.
Hope he or she gets banned and a heavy fine the twat.
You get lucky!

You sure do.
I can still see a gate bouncing over my car when driving down the M5 for a midweek game at Exeter. My young lad wouldn’t be with us now if if hadn’t of bounced.
Luckily no other cars directly behind us at the time.
I stopped at the next services shaking FFS 🙏

Seen some horrendous pile ups. Just a lottery sometimes Mate.

Last edited:
Some right twats drive cars don’t they.
Everyone knows even driving at 70mph you don’t immediately stop and not everyone reacts to a situation when you need to brake whilst driving at higher speeds.

Been in a few scary moments myself driving to football.

The driver of that white car will be found as cameras should find him.
Hope he or she gets banned and a heavy fine the twat.

You sure do.
I can still see a gate bouncing over my car when driving down the M5 for a midweek game at Exeter. My young lad wouldn’t be with us now if if hadn’t of bounced.
Luckily no other cars directly behind us at the time.
I stopped at the next services shaking FFS 🙏

Seen some horrendous pile ups. Just a lottery sometimes Mate.

Drove down the A1 and M1 yesterday and I'd say 50% of drivers just sit in the middle lane totally oblivious to everything that's going on. I must have undertaken 30 cars as it was quiet and I just sat in the inside lane. Not one of them took any notice of me or moved over after I'd passed. Then there is the other end of the scale with cars going 100mph past other cars doing 60mph. And cars randomly just slowing down or swerving in their lane.

I just drive on high alert the entire time.. I try to stay as far away as I can from other cars

Back