Minder or Only Fools and Horses??

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Bloody hell!
Bet you are fun to live with .

There's plenty of comedy I like, but I just don't enjoy seeing working class people portrayed as thick, violence-prone, thieves who dream only of "getting rich" or trying to mix with their "betters" - always with hilarious consequences as they fail miserably of course.

I’m a West London boy and my avatar gives it away but minder for me is the greatest Tv show ever , followed by AUF pet ,
George Cole is one of the Underrated actors Of our time
OFAH had loads more characters, grandad, uncle Albert, Trigger, Boysey & Marlene, Denzel, Mike the landlord, that dodgy copper (Raquels ex) even Mickey Pierce. This made for more interesting and funny story lines, like most BBC sit coms it went on to long though
Minder, was the same story rehashed every week, still a good watch as George Cole was such a great actor, they should have canned it once Waterman left
OFAH had great revolving characters but minders one off characters were very good
Scotch Harry , Justine , Tasty Tim , Confident Clive ( great episode btw, had Marlene, OFAH & Wayne from auf pet )
Oily Ragg, Dirty Harry, Tic Tac , Arnie ( Ray winstone) , Debbie the stripper , Billy the fish ,

Last edited:
Only Fools & Horses

Watched series five this afternoon, quote from episode Dates

Boycie:
He's a Trotter! What more can you say about the man? A couple of years ago I went down the local library and read some ancient manuscripts written by the Elders of Peckham. Did you know, five hundred years ago this was a green and peaceful area? The old Earl of Peckham had a castle where the Kwik-Fit exhaust centre now stands. Flaxon-
haired maidens used to dance round the village maypole of an evening. And then one fateful medievil day, the Trotter clan arrived in a stolen Zephyr. Before you knew it the flaxon-haired maidens were up the spout, the old Earl had been a sold some hooky armour and someone nicked the maypole! A hundred years after that the Black Death arrived in England. The people of Peckham thought their luck had changed.

I’m a West London boy and my avatar gives it away but minder for me is the greatest Tv show ever , followed by AUF pet ,

OFAH had great revolving characters but minders one off characters were very good
Scotch Harry , Justine , Tasty Tim , Confident Clive ( great episode btw, had Marlene, OFAH & Wayne from auf pet )
Oily Ragg, Dirty Harry, Tic Tac , Arnie ( Ray winstone) , Debbie the stripper , Billy the fish ,
Some cracking characters there !, don't forget self-inflicted Sid, the syrup & shammy.

Minder ,sure it was on at a time when I saw more of them
Midweek maybe?
Seemed to just see fools and horses specials
Fools is quality I just never looked for it to watch and avoid the endless repeats like the plague
Just thought Cole was a class act on Minder

Few characters out of Auf wedershein pet appeared in Minder

Tim healey in the episode of Zac Zoller rock star who gans missing

Bomber is a painter Arthur tries & sells a suit to halfway up a ladder

Wayne in the confident Clive episode ( confident Clive is Rodney out of Emmerdale )

Ray winstone appeared in Auf wedershein pet as colin the. deserter from the army

The custom & excise officer who wife Oz had a one night stand with & took Wayne's car off him unpaid tax

Wayne in the confident Clive episode ( confident Clive is Rodney out of Emmerdale )

Ray winstone appeared in Auf wedershein pet as colin the. deserter from the army

The custom & excise officer who wife Oz had a one night stand with & took Wayne's car off him unpaid tax
Plus I'm sure Jimmy Neil was in one anarl

Nic lyndhurst still drinks in emsworth ..
I find him quite annoying on TV tbh, loved the really early ofah but lost interest a bit and thought they became a little overrated albeit still very good.
I think if I had the choice of watching Minder this morning or ofah I'd prob choose minder but both were really good watches.

Spot on mate , I’d forgotten all of that
Some cracking characters there !, don't forget self-inflicted Sid, the syrup & shammy.
Great episodes with those characters
The syrup does a runner with the dodgy cash
And gets a rodger Moore wig , self inflicted sets fire to the van with the bent videos in

Last edited:
I like Minder but Only Fools is my all time favourite.

Had some incredibly poignant moments for a comedy, and whilst I would accept arguments that they shouldn’t have returned after becoming millionaires, I thought the way they ended it with Rodney finally becoming a dad was perfect.

Back