Minder or Only Fools and Horses??

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

Rate both shows in their prime..... Which was better in your opinion

Only Fools and Horses was brilliant up until they becomes millionaires. They should have stopped the programme their and then.

Minder should have stopped when Dennis Waterman left.

I like both shows so I'll try and give a balanced view

Writing.... It has to be ofah.... John sullivan was an absolute genius.... It had the capacity to make you laugh and cry in equal measure.

Acting...... I thought the best character in both was Arthur Daley played by George Cole.... The thing is with ofah was the laughs could come from a variety of characters whereas minder mainly centered around 2 main characters outwitting the police.. By the Way the actress who plays Terrys girlfriend Debbie... Diana Malin is a mackem

Greatest show moments..... Has to be Only Fools and horses..... The blow up dolls and the singer who could not pronounce his R's
Were superb episodes... And that moment when Rodney has been married and del boy just nods at him as if to say time to let you go while Holding back the years by simply Red plays was brilliant

My favourite episodes of minder is Arthur Daley on jury service, Arthur trying to get elected or when he buys a dud greyhound.

Both brilliant shows but Ofah just wins it in my opinion

Cushty

Both are classics in their own right and both come into separate mindsets of comedy.
Only fools and horses stands out at the top over anything else, for me.

The characters are a blend of absolute genius.
Even when Lennard Pearce (grandad) died, you thought it was hard to replace him but then comes along another genius master stroke in Buster Merryfield (uncle Albert).

David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst (Del and Rodney) seemed to have that absolute spark between them as the obvious main characters.
Even the bit part characters all seemed to blend right in.

When you can watch re-runs, time and time and time, again, you know you have a masterpiece that has and (in my opinion) will stand the test of time.

My favourite stand out episode was the one where Del turned the heat lamp up on a sleeping Rodney and Rodney got him back with the hang gliding, with the car phone carry on. Funny as all hell but one of many cracking episodes...some of which have been mentioned.

Rate both shows in their prime..... Which was better in your opinion

Only Fools and Horses was brilliant up until they becomes millionaires. They should have stopped the programme their and then.

Minder should have stopped when Dennis Waterman left.

I like both shows so I'll try and give a balanced view

Writing.... It has to be ofah.... John sullivan was an absolute genius.... It had the capacity to make you laugh and cry in equal measure.

Acting...... I thought the best character in both was Arthur Daley played by George Cole.... The thing is with ofah was the laughs could come from a variety of characters whereas minder mainly centered around 2 main characters outwitting the police.. By the Way the actress who plays Terrys girlfriend Debbie... Diana Malin is a mackem

Greatest show moments..... Has to be Only Fools and horses..... The blow up dolls and the singer who could not pronounce his R's
Were superb episodes... And that moment when Rodney has been married and del boy just nods at him as if to say time to let you go while Holding back the years by simply Red plays was brilliant

My favourite episodes of minder is Arthur Daley on jury service, Arthur trying to get elected or when he buys a dud greyhound.

Both brilliant shows but Ofah just wins it in my opinion

Cushty

Totally agree on all points marra

Back