Middlesex v Surrey t20

Noticed that impressive new stand taking shape. How much is it to get in for a standard Surrey t20 match?
I'm a member so not 100%, but I think it's around £25-30, which isn't too bad for where we are/the modern market

We're completely redoing that side of the ground, the new stand is just the start. Building a hotel, a whole new complex called 1 Oval Square, total aim is to bring the ground to arou x 40k capacity

I'm a member so not 100%, but I think it's around £25-30, which isn't too bad for where we are/the modern market

We're completely redoing that side of the ground, the new stand is just the start. Building a hotel, a whole new complex called 1 Oval Square, total aim is to bring the ground to arou x 40k capacity
Looks superb and will be some view when it’s complete

Looks superb and will be some view when it’s complete
Yeah it'll be awesome when it's done. Really like where we're headed, arguably the best run sports team in the country (off the field anyway) - the amount of investment in the ground, communication and listening to members, the incredible work the academy are doing, the investment in the academy, the work in schools, the work in trying to engage BAME communities, trying to move the whole club forward is in credible

We've been pretty shit for 18 months but still feel immense pride in the club

Yeah it'll be awesome when it's done. Really like where we're headed, arguably the best run sports team in the country (off the field anyway) - the amount of investment in the ground, communication and listening to members, the incredible work the academy are doing, the investment in the academy, the work in schools, the work in trying to engage BAME communities, trying to move the whole club forward is in credible

Nice to read. I’m gagging to see a match at Chester le street even though Durham are struggling, it’s a great afternoon or evening out

Nice to read. I’m gagging to see a match at Chester le street even though Durham are struggling, it’s a great afternoon or evening out
Was lovely being back at the Oval the other night. Was also nice to be at a T20 without the wankers just using it as an excuse to get pissed and act like a twat

Was lovely being back at the Oval the other night. Was also nice to be at a T20 without the wankers just using it as an excuse to get pissed and act like a twat
There are a few like that up here but the minority. Where I sit is in the don robson stand, just to the left of where the changing rooms are.

only bother there is the occasional old boy being awoken from a snooze. With this damn Covid, missed a chance to see joe root last night.

There are a few like that up here but the minority. Where I sit is in the don robson stand, just to the left of where th3 changing rooms are.

only bother there is the occasional old boy being awoken from a snooze.
Unfortunately most of the ground at T20s (aside from members areas, thankfully) is full of pissed up City boys who just want to act loutish for the night and tell "The Gram" that they've been at the cricket.

A necessary evil - it fills our coffers and if you can get 25,000 people in the ground every few nights paying £5 a pop on beer, why wouldn't you - but it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy or go to many T20s

I'm not a snob - lord knows I've acted a dick enough times at football - but they really grate
Have you been to Durham
Unfortunately I've never made it to the Riverside! Was hoping to go up for a day's play this year and try and meet a few of you, but covid saw to that. :(

Unfortunately most of the ground at T20s (aside from members areas, thankfully) is full of pissed up City boys who just want to act loutish for the night and tell "The Gram" that they've been at the cricket.

A necessary evil - it fills our coffers and if you can get 25,000 people in the ground every few nights paying £5 a pop on beer, why wouldn't you - but it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy or go to many T20s

I'm not a snob - lord knows I've acted a dick enough times at football - but they really grate

Unfortunately I've never made it to the Riverside! Was hoping to go up for a day's play this year and try and meet a few of you, but covid saw to that. :(
I'm no finchy but il call you a c**t and buy you a pint ;) who do you go to games with

I enjoy watching the t20 when the oval is packed out. That grand for a catch is something I like.

one of the stands which we call the trapdoor stand has had all its seats removed so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.

we were due an England v Australia T20 iirc this summer. Don’t know with that not happening they are going to remove one stand

I'm no finchy but il call you a c**t and buy you a pint ;) who do you go to games with
You may not be Finchy but you can be Chrissy ;)

A group of about 20 or so, including me dad, all good pals. Go home and away and have a good laugh! Become colloqually known as the"Peter May Boys" :lol:
I enjoy watching the t20 when the oval is packed out. That grand for a catch is something I like.

one of the stands which we call the trapdoor stand has had all its seats removed so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.

we were due an England v Australia T20 iirc this summer. Don’t know with that not happening they are going to remove one stand
Hopefully you boys can get back into Div 1 soon (if we don't drop down first!)

Would love to come up. Due to this forum I follow your results and progress quite closely!

Last edited:

Sadly completely the opposite to mine even before the racism stuff came out. Still gagging to get back though. Hopefully next year even if restrictions are still around

Back