Middlesbrough - Burton EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol::lol::lol: What a cracking result seeing the smogmutants getting beat off Burton, Burton Albion League Cup semi-finalists wow, just checked to see who they have beaten to get there, Villa, Burnley, Notts Forest and now Boro, good luck to them

Fair play and good luck as you say.
@Cridge it just shows that was no disgrace for villa losing to a bigger club.

Shockingly low attendance that.
Enlighten me - What was the attendance the last time the mighty (team with the best supporters in the world) Sunderland played a home cup match?
Against Walsall in the FA (non Tinpot) cup, I believe ?????????????????

We had 20,000 the last time we had a home league cup game.

We won too

Enlighten me - What was the attendance the last time the mighty (team with the best supporters in the world) Sunderland played a home cup match?
Aye, I mean a second round replay midweek in shite weather is exactly the same as a cup quarter final with a huge chance of getting into the semis, that’s us felt marra.

Aye, I mean a second round replay midweek in shite weather is exactly the same as a cup quarter final with a huge chance of getting into the semis, that’s us felt marra.
Excuses, excuses.
Always seems to be a 'reason' when your fans turn their backs, eh?

8,000 against Walsall - in a game when there was a chance to progress and come up against the 'big boys' of football.

Excuses, excuses.
Always seems to be a 'reason' when your fans turn their backs, eh?

8,000 against Walsall - in a game when there was a chance to progress and come up against the 'big boys' of football.
Aye big boys Bolton like, I was dribbling from the mouth in anticipation of the tie.

We had 20,000 the last time we had a home league cup game.

We won too

What !!!
Only 3,000 more than tinpot Boro had last night ? You should be ashamed.

Just as well your fans turn out in droves for the FA Cup then, eh .
Or, does the Walsall attendance not count cos it was...…...shite weather?

Aye big boys Bolton like, I was dribbling from the mouth in anticipation of the tie.

True.
A much smaller club than Burton.
Although...Bolton have history --- or does THAT suddenly not count , too?

Last edited:
What !!!
Only 3,000 more than tinpot Boro had last night ? You should be ashamed.

Just as well your fans turn out in droves for the FA Cup then, eh .
Or, does the Walsall attendance not count cos it was...…...shite weather?

True.
A much smaller club than Burton.
Although...Bolton have history --- or does THAT suddenly not count , too?
Absolutely f***ing fuming you like :lol:

Calm down luv x

17,000 for a League Cup game against a side you're expected to beat isn't a bad attendance imo. I can imagine we had similar vs Chelsea 5 years ago in the quarter finals (I'll probably get proven wrong on that). Neither is the 8,000 against Walsall given the circumstances. Pointless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back