Micah Richards

The future of footballers. There'll be an increasing number of this type from now on. Live in a different world to the fans due to the ridiculous money they receive from an early age. Under achieving nobody's telling us their "expert" opinion.
I don't have an issue with former players as pundits, nor do I think you have to have been a top player to be able to analyse a game but I do agree that we will see more and more players stepping away from the game having made their money by the time they are 30. Long gone are the days where a footballer needed his testimonial to help with his retirement fund and then opening up a pub/shop somewhere to fund his living. How many of the current "top" players will be arsed with a career in coaching/management when they are already multi-millionaires and don't need the hassle?
Everytime I've seen him he's got a big coat on, it's the middle of summer, don't you think it's a bit strange..
It's an image thing. I remember reading an interview with Martin Jol a few years back - he was at a conference/meeting/workshop with a few other managers and got talking to Mark Hughes. It was a hot, sunny day and they were all boiling. Jol asked Hughes why he still had his suit jacket on and he replied "that's my image"

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with former players as pundits, nor do I think you have to have been a top player to be able to analyse a game but I do agree that we will see more and more players stepping away from the game having made their money by the time they are 30. Long gone are the days where a footballer needed his testimonial to help with his retirement fund and then opening up a pub/shop somewhere to fund his living. How many of the current "top" players will be arsed with a career in coaching/management when they are already multi-millionaires and don't need the hassle?

It's an image thing. I remember reading an interview with Martin Jol a few years back - he was at a conference/meeting/workshop with a few other managers and got talking to Mark Hughes. It was a hot, sunny day and they were all boiling. Jol asked Hughes why he still had his suit jacket on and he replied "that's my image"
Well FM I didn't realise that the hot sweaty irritable look was in :lol:

Because it's a fun and enjoyable sport I reckon like. Ambition. I doubt a player sets off in his career with the sole objective of "earn as much as you can as quickly as you can then get out" Life isn't all about money to a lot of people.
Earn as much as you can as quickly as you can is PLAN A to most young players.£20k a week for us or £5k a week for Sheff Wed for example to a young promising player is a no-brainer.When they have a healthy bank balance trophies and Champions League football come into play,if you’re top notch of course.

I like him tbh - nice fella.
100% this
I was in the players bar at City after the customary defeat there in the early ko game
Four City players cane in- Richards, Wright , Lescott and the nicest bloke to grace the PL in the last 20 years- Kompany.
All of them had time for all of us in there whilst the rest of the players pissed off to their corporate boxes

Dad came over from St Kitts in the 1960's, played grassroots in Leeds to eventually play at the highest level for club and country. Working class kid, who did well. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time to milk the Premier League money teet. BBC need some variety in pundits and I was getting bored with the media trained dull as ditch water emergents such as "JJ". Alas, it won't be long until he realises you can't be critical in this "I'll scratch your back business" and will just become a drone.

Seems like a really good bloke but acts like he’s only there because he’s won a competition 😂 Barely any serious football conversation and sits laughing his head off.

To be fair, there is very little punditry now. Most matches are summarised in about 10 minutes with no real detailed conversation. Usually just gushing over 1 or 2 players.

He's like the local village idiot.....says something everyone knows and then bursts in to a massive laugh.

So yeah....all in all, he's probably one of the best pundits around!

Back