Metal Gear Solid 5

MGS 3 is incredible.
The whole storyline is f***ing crackers but excellent.

I actually saw a paragraph on a YouTube video the other day that blew my mind, during Snake Eater the bosses that you actually defeat are The Pain, The Fury, The End, The Boss and The Fear and The Sorrow.
During the series specifically snake eater these are all things that are listed as weaknesses or in the case of the boss a fear of becoming that, within the BigBoss genetics, during the game you take out all apart from The Sorrow, it's f***ing amazing when you think of the bosses as stages of acceptance and mental barriers you have to overcome except for you not being able to overcome sorrow because that part of you died long ago.
Yep. The concepts and storyline of MGS3 are incredible and at the heart of it is as you say, a bloke who has no choice but to kill his mentor when she is innocent of what you have been sent to kill her for.

Yep. The concepts and storyline of MGS3 are incredible and at the heart of it is as you say, a bloke who has no choice but to kill his mentor when she is innocent of what you have been sent to kill her for.
Agree that MGS3 is brilliant, but Kojima intended to stop making MGS after 2 and wanted his team to make MGS3 without him but they were failing massively so he jumped in to fix it. Loads of really interesting stuff to look at regarding Kojima and the MGS series. He in no way wanted to make MGS 4 or any other after that, he wanted everything left open ended with lots of questions left unanswered. Going through MGS 4 shows clear signs of that, for example the explanation of Solid Snaked not using CQC until MGS 4, basically it was because it did not exist before MGS 3. lots of intersting quirks like that exist after MGS 2.

Invest in decent noise suppression. Go quiet. Use D Dog until you unlock quiet and use her. Swap her sniper to a tranq rifle.
im shite at it but pissing the missions, only failed to S Rank to missions out of 13 with the starting tranq gun and CQC.

f***ing love it, most i've enjoyed a game in a long time, 13 missions and 20 side ops done and i've already hit a total time of 35 hours :lol::lol::oops:

im shite at it but pissing the missions, only failed to S Rank to missions out of 13 with the starting tranq gun and CQC.

f***ing love it, most i've enjoyed a game in a long time, 13 missions and 20 side ops done and i've already hit a total time of 35 hours :lol::lol::oops:
Its class when you can go about freely capturing the best soldiers. Used to spend hours in the field without falling the helicopter.

Its on the Xbox Game Pass and I own (But never played) Ground Zero's. Can't be arsed reading this entire thread, are they both worth playing then?

Its on the Xbox Game Pass and I own (But never played) Ground Zero's. Can't be arsed reading this entire thread, are they both worth playing then?
Ground Zeroes is excellent. Good story even though limited to one map. Better than MGS V imo based on actually being a MGS game. MGS V is poor, really poor for a MGS game but you can still have fun with it.

Ground Zeroes is excellent. Good story even though limited to one map. Better than MGS V imo based on actually being a MGS game. MGS V is poor, really poor for a MGS game but you can still have fun with it.
I go for a piss any time there's a cut scene. Story is bollocks but game play is class. I didn't like ground zeros much. Was over before it got going

Whilst I wait for my PS5 and Assassins Creed: Valhalla, I thought I'd give this stealthy a go.

The last few missions were rock hard. Is there any point in playing chapter 2?

Back