Metal Gear Solid 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started this and played through the prologue section after getting it with PS+ I know its only the start n all but are there so many cut scenes and videos throughout the whole game? There was very little gameplay in that whole section and just as you were getting into it a bit there would be another movie or cut scene.

Game looks incredible, for some reason though I've never been able to get into metal gear games, even though on paper they should be exactly my thing. was hoping this one might be different.

Just started this and played through the prologue section after getting it with PS+ I know its only the start n all but are there so many cut scenes and videos throughout the whole game? There was very little gameplay in that whole section and just as you were getting into it a bit there would be another movie or cut scene.

Game looks incredible, for some reason though I've never been able to get into metal gear games, even though on paper they should be exactly my thing. was hoping this one might be different.

Not nearly so many cut scenes after the opening. What there are can be skipped if you're not interested in the story.

Just started on a mates recomendation, who hates MGS games shockingly, wasnt sure whether i would be a fan after the whole expansion into open world and the Konami/Kojima fallout, but the prologue is tense as fuck, not much gameplay but sets in a sense of real panic when fire bloke keeps rocking up or you are a fannies hair from being caught.

Possibly the best opening to a game i've ever played.

Last edited:
Just started on a mates recomendation, who hates MGS games shockingly, wasnt sure whether i would be a fan after the whole expansion into open world and the Konami/Kojima fallout, but the prologue is tense as fuck, not much gameplay but sets in a sense of real panic when fire bloke keeps rocking up or you are a fannies hair from being caught.

Possibly the best opening to a game i've ever played.
The story twist is so shockingly bad I almost think he done it on purpose as a last fuck you. Either that or they fell out because of the dump ending. Unreal game though.

No

Ps+ games change every month. Usually on about the 5th of the month and are available to download free to ps+ members for the entire month. No expiry.
I thought they were bringing the new ones out this week. I've already downloaded 3 of them anyway, bit stuck on that hue game

Disagree. The story is pap in 4, weak in 5 (especially the twist) but the stories of MGS1, 2 are great and MGS3 is incredible. Almost like the plot of a good Bond movie.
MGS 3 is incredible.
The whole storyline is f***ing crackers but excellent.

I actually saw a paragraph on a YouTube video the other day that blew my mind, during Snake Eater the bosses that you actually defeat are The Pain, The Fury, The End, The Boss and The Fear and The Sorrow.
During the series specifically snake eater these are all things that are listed as weaknesses or in the case of the boss a fear of becoming that, within the BigBoss genetics, during the game you take out all apart from The Sorrow, it's f***ing amazing when you think of the bosses as stages of acceptance and mental barriers you have to overcome except for you not being able to overcome sorrow because that part of you died long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back