Mergs Season Tickets...

Why is there envy and jealousy about the Mags support. Seriously they are a 1 club city in a major catchment area

Do people think that they get 52000 every home game cos there's only 52000 people that live in an area from berwick downwards to Newcastle and gateshead including South Tyneside.

Population of Northumberland 300,000
Population of gateshead 120,000
Population of Newcastle 268,000
Population of the towns in between including South Tyneside around 200,000

Now I know that a lot of people in Northumberland don't like football and a lot of people in South Tyneside support SAFC as well as the Mags but most people in gateshead and Newcastle who like football support the mags.

Don't get me wrong the mags support is very very good but for fuck sake let's put it in to perspective when it comes to the rest of the country
South Shields is a Sunderland town. Take away the sink estates and their support is practically null.

never been envious or jealous of their support in my life. f***ing mainly plastic 1992 band wagon jumpers. Their original support has all but gone most people of my age who used to go haven't gone for years. They used to get some pretty ordinary crowds years ago. A few years like we have had would see many of them fuck off. That combined with their new found arrogance and general fuckwhittery means we should count ourselves blessed
We’ve pretty much had higher crowds for most of our 125 year history Tin so apologies for pissin on your parade but you’re talking absolute shite lad

Don't they pride themselves on paying more for tickets?

We’ve pretty much had higher crowds for most of our 125 year history Tin so apologies for pissin on your parade but you’re talking absolute shite lad

He didn't say you didn't get more than us though. He pointed out for many years your attendances were shite.

Last edited:
Why is there envy and jealousy about the Mags support. Seriously they are a 1 club city in a major catchment area

Do people think that they get 52000 every home game cos there's only 52000 people that live in an area from berwick downwards to Newcastle and gateshead including South Tyneside.

Now I know that a lot of people in Northumberland don't like football and a lot of people in South Tyneside support SAFC as well as the Mags but most people in gateshead and Newcastle who like football support the mags.

Don't get me wrong the mags support is very very good but for fuck sake let's put it in to perspective when it comes to the rest of the country
Go on then. Some context would be lovely

Talksport basically found safc as best supported club in regards to percentage of fans who go to matches in relation to the population of our area and surrounding catchment area. we were in the prem when they done it but we were ahead of Newcastle for that stat, the mags i mention it too argue this isnt true even though it is because they live in a bubble that they are the best supported team in the land however their catchment area is massive hence why they have no problem filling the stadium. In hindsight they could probably get 70000-80000 if they were ever successful and increased the ground.

I thought it was cos they're the bestest, loyalestest, passionatest fans in the land.
Ya just divnt undastand man.

The population of Sunderland & County Durham is something like 800,000 isn't it?

Talksport basically found safc as best supported club in regards to percentage of fans who go to matches in relation to the population of our area and surrounding catchment area. we were in the prem when they done it but we were ahead of Newcastle for that stat, the mags i mention it too argue this isnt true even though it is because they live in a bubble that they are the best supported team in the land however their catchment area is massive hence why they have no problem filling the stadium. In hindsight they could probably get 70000-80000 if they were ever successful and increased the ground.

Burnley.

Back