Mercury Music Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped for little Simz or IDLES but fair play to Dave. Will listen tomorrow.
Black Midi, performance of the night. Brilliantly bonkers. Bought tickets immediately for Riverside gig in Feb.

Just had a listen to some Dave on Youtube. Jesus, is this what British rap has degraded into nowadays? What utter shite.
Jesus, Little Simz is the same sort of shite as Dave?
Idles and FDC bollocks from a quick YouTube glance as well. Looks like I didn't miss much by not seeing the show.
And The 1975 slightly better at first listen but still pretty crap.

Last edited:
I see the press are dragging up all the shit about his brother, so predictable.
Should have been Simz but not gonna complain at Dave winning, great great album. Best year for hip hop in Great Britain in a long time.
I mainly listen to hip hop and really don't get Simz. Not a fan at all.

Last edited:
I see the press are dragging up all the shit about his brother, so predictable.

I mainly listen to hip hop and really don't get Simz. Not a fan at all.

Anything specific about her you don't like? I'd probably have her down as the best rapper in the country the last few years to be honest.

I think it's a brilliant album but I reckon the producer should take some credit. Can't remember his name but he also produced a michael Kiwanuka album. The improvement in both artists is noticeable with him

Anything specific about her you don't like? I'd probably have her down as the best rapper in the country the last few years to be honest.
TBF I've never listened to an album by her, I might have to persevere. I've just never heard a single song or feature by her that I've been bothered by, always seems a bit "meh" and her voice is a bit whiney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back