Memories of Childhood 'Snacks'

When i was a youngun, if i wanted something extra, it'd be a slice of white cheapo bread that i had to wrestle a rat for, butter ( stork margarine ) it, then sprinkle sugar all over it, fold it in half and chomp away on that. Its probably why i only have half of my own teeth right now. The rest got knocked out wrestling the rat.
Parts of that story may be made up.
The rat would have made a decent meal.

When i was a youngun, if i wanted something extra, it'd be a slice of white cheapo bread that i had to wrestle a rat for, butter ( stork margarine ) it, then sprinkle sugar all over it, fold it in half and chomp away on that. Its probably why i only have half of my own teeth right now. The rest got knocked out wrestling the rat.
In Seaham, we were offered shit with sugar on if we did an Oliver and asked for more.

Sugar ??
We never had sugar. We had to make do with flakes of distemper off the netty wall.

Abc letters. And bovril crisps. My love of both got me into strife as I had purposely 'missed' the school bus one day. Stupidly I went on the travelling van that we used to have to buy both and was spotted by a nosey neighbour who reported back to my Mother. :lol:

Abc letters. And bovril crisps. My love of both got me into strife as I had purposely 'missed' the school bus one day. Stupidly I went on the travelling van that we used to have to buy both and was spotted by a nosey neighbour who reported back to my Mother. :lol:
Missing school to trough?

Kets don't count as snacks for me like. We only got ket on a Sunday afternoon as a treat.
I'm eclectic when it comes to calories.

Back