Meghan suffers miscarriage

We want to keep our life private and out of the public eye. Hi is that the new York Times?
Did she say she didn't want to have anything out in the public ever again? Don't think so but happy to be proven wrong.

She's an actress and occasional writer amongst other things isn't she?

Did she say she didn't want to have anything out in the public ever again? Don't think so but happy to be proven wrong.

She's an actress and occasional writer amongst other things isn't she?
Right but you can see why people might be critical since she's said she wants to remain private but has gone to one of the biggest circulation news outlets on the planet. Her choice.

Just read her article.

Like most mothers (and indeed fathers) would, she grieves greatly at the loss of her child via a miscarriage.

Many of us have been there, and sympathise immensely.

What irks me is that in the abortion debate, the same lost child would not be considered a child at all, just a "bundle of cells" which she or any other mother should be free to dispense with as they please.
I wish there was a dislike button.

Perhaps she wants to have the choice about what she does and doesn't share and for what reasons. Seems to me that that is the essence of privacy, not being a hermit.
That's fine but with courting publicity comes public scrutiny.

Personally the last thing I'd do when dealing with grief is attend an interview with a journalist and talk about it. Therapist yes. New York Times nope.

Right but you can see why people might be critical since she's said she wants to remain private but has gone to one of the biggest circulation news outlets on the planet. Her choice.
No. Not at all. They aren't two of the same thing.

You should be able to release certain private things about yourself if you want to without opening yourself up to twats following you around every day, raking thro your bins and getting some class mate from 20 years ago to talk shite about you.

Last edited:
She said she was sharing their loss because 2020 was a year of loss for many. She was sharing her loss to show solidarity with those who have lost loved ones this year. It's seems a fair enough sentiment and I admire her for it. It could easily be misconstrued as something else though and it will be.

No. Not at all. They aren't two of the same thing.

You should be able to release certain private things about yourself if you want to without opening yourself up to twats following you around every day, raking thro your bins and getting some class mate from 20 years ago to talk shite about you.
Agreed. I'm just questioning her motives and wanting to keep her private life private and making this decision. I'm also incredibly sorry theuvsoffered this loss. I'm also not trolling her

That's fine but with courting publicity comes public scrutiny.

Personally the last thing I'd do when dealing with grief is attend an interview with a journalist and talk about it. Therapist yes. New York Times nope.
I'm not sure writing an article is quite 'courting publicity' that is some quid pro quo for intensive personal scrutiny. In fact I'm sure it's not

Also:

Agreed. I'm just questioning her motives and wanting to keep her private life private and making this decision. I'm also incredibly sorry theuvsoffered this loss. I'm also not trolling her
Ok. Not really sure what her motives could be that are deemed worthy of questioning mind. Writing an article/doing an interview in a paper is hardlys courting attention like doing a sitty down warts and all interview with some arse like Piers Morgan or whoever.

This is a one subject piece about something very emotional and personal to a lot of people. Simple as that really.

Last edited:
Maybe the reason they've gone public is that they know that if they don't speak about it, sooner or later it will leak out and someone will publish it whether they like it or not. Better at least to be in control of it and try and do some good with it than be the victim of some leech in the tabloids.

Ok. Not really sure what her motives could be that are deemed worthy of questioning mind. Writing an article/doing an interview in a paper is hardlys courting attention like doing a sitty down warts and all interview with some arse like Piers Morgan or whoever.

This is a one subject piece about something very emotional and personal to a lot of people. Simple as that really.
It's absolutely their choice but you tend to get judged on actions and previous actions.

I feel incredibly sad for them personally. I would not have made the same decisions but then again I don't have the same experience they have.

It’s good for people to talk about this. It happens a lot and can devastate lives. If people hear this and seek support for themselves then that’s a good thing

^ this!

As well as being a comfort or encouragement to seek help to others who have been through it, it could also change the understanding of others. There are some people around who shrug it off as no big deal and wonder why you are grieving for a baby that wasn't born but they don't understand the bond the mother has already built up with the baby through the changes in her body and sharing it with the father. It is a huge loss when it happens and it's right to take time to grieve.

Knobface Morgan will be fizzing out of control over it since she sidelined him and vanquished her fam.

She's a tail anyway, but I wouldn't wish ill on her seed like this

It’s good for people to talk about this. It happens a lot and can devastate lives. If people hear this and seek support for themselves then that’s a good thing

She wrote about it an a newspaper

I know, but my thoughts are that while in her case it's good to talk about an issue as serious as miscarriage among friends, family and to help others in her predicament, as Megan has been a target of certain papers in the past then sympathy in the papers today could indirectly make her tomorrow's target.

If the issue is raised by someone not a past target, then moving forward the issue of depression and grief due to miscarriage will remain the issue rather than the person themselves.

I understand there's a need to talk for some people, however, others consider it intensely private as I know from my own family past. What's good for one person is not necessarily the right path for another.

Terrible thing to happen to any couple.

When it happened to my wife and I it devastated us both, but watching her blame herself even though she did everything right fuck near finished me.

Its certainly good to bring it into the open. People suffer horribly because they feel like they can't talk about it publically. They have to pretend they are ok and go about their lives while they are broken.
Has to be carefully judged though, nobody wants to see even a whiff that someone is trying to profit out of it, or enhance their celebrity etc.

Back