Meghan suffers miscarriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Famous women opening up about their struggles is a catalyst for others to discuss whatever the issue may be more freely, it’s almost a taboo topic when it shouldn’t be imo.
Exactly this. Sadly miscarriages occur too often but aren't talked about.

She has clearly written about it to highlight this and help those who don't feel they can talk about it or share their grief to now do so.

Good on her and it's very sad for them both.

' So, why make this public. There is plenty of help out there in the public domain for anyone unfortunate enough to be in this situation. This should have been a private matter but.....this is the Meghan & Harry show. '

' Wow, such an intimate revellation from someone so desperately seeking privacy.... '

' I don't believe her for one second, the woman is a narcissist and will say and do anything to keep herself in the spotlight. At Eugenie's wedding she was barely 'pregnant', I use the term loosely, and she was wearing an oversized coat with the buttons undone. In Australia at barely three months gone she looked as if her fake pregnancy belly was about to burst. Does anyone seriously believe she could have kept this quiet since July? It would have made worldwide headlines, her sources world have made sure of that. Wait to hear from Samantha tomorrow. '

' Seriously?...I think she's hoping that Mills and Boon will give her a call.... '

Just some highlights from the Express comments.

Some people are f***ing morons

What irks me is that in the abortion debate, the same lost child would not be considered a child at all, just a "bundle of cells" which she or any other mother should be free to dispense with as they please

I think the effect that the loss in both situations has on the sentient adults involved in the situation acts as the blindingly obvious reason why the two different responses are apparent.

Just read her article.

Like most mothers (and indeed fathers) would, she grieves greatly at the loss of her child via a miscarriage.

Many of us have been there, and sympathise immensely.

What irks me is that in the abortion debate, the same lost child would not be considered a child at all, just a "bundle of cells" which she or any other mother should be free to dispense with as they please.

There's a lot you're skipping over and missing out there to make your somewhat crass point.
It’s good for people to talk about this. It happens a lot and can devastate lives. If people hear this and seek support for themselves then that’s a good thing

No argument with that.

Last edited:
Seeing a woman in the Public eye open up about such a personal and societal taboo can only be a good thing for others in the similar position who will take comfort they are not alone. Really don't understand this atitude. If you don't care, don't read.
This. If it helps others, that is a good thing.

It's possible to feel very sorry for their loss but also be critical of her decision to publish this in the press given her previous choice of not wanting to be in the public eye. Who knows, maybe it's cathartic for her and if so fine but understandable why people would be critical of the choice to go public with it.

Should just keep it to themselves really has fuck all to to with anybody else.
They can do whatever they want. If it raises some kind of awareness and (at a stretch) saves someone from losing a baby then good work. If it prompts people to be more open about grief when they would have previously bottled things up, then good work.

There's no right or wrong answer, and certainly no "should" as you have suggested.

I feel for anyone who has lost a child, without going into detail a close member of my family has lost a child to cot death and it's heart breaking. However what I would say is was Megan paid by the New York post for for story ? and if was I would hope that fee would end up being redistributed into charities dealing with child death in poor communities...

Media have slipped up here , I thought they reported every time she has a shite.
Mebbies moving thousands of miles away has proved it’s worth
Just read her article.

Like most mothers (and indeed fathers) would, she grieves greatly at the loss of her child via a miscarriage.

Many of us have been there, and sympathise immensely.

What irks me is that in the abortion debate, the same lost child would not be considered a child at all, just a "bundle of cells" which she or any other mother should be free to dispense with as they please.
Start another thread for that I reckon.

Last edited:
It's possible to feel very sorry for their loss but also be critical of her decision to publish this in the press given her previous choice of not wanting to be in the public eye. Who knows, maybe it's cathartic for her and if so fine but understandable why people would be critical of the choice to go public with it.
I disagree. It's hers (and Harry's) grief to deal with in whatever way they feel is right for them. As long as it doesn't harm and hinder anyone else then it's all good imo. I don't think anyone has any right to judge how other people deal with their grief. Don't even see what there is to criticise here mind tbh.

Last edited:
I disagree. It's hers (and Harry's) grief to deal with in whatever way they feel is right for them. As long as it doesn't harm and hinder anyone else then it's all good imo. I don't think anyone has any right to judge how other people deal with their grief. Don't even see what there is to criticise here tbh.
We want to keep our life private and out of the public eye. Hi is that the new York Times?

' So, why make this public. There is plenty of help out there in the public domain for anyone unfortunate enough to be in this situation. This should have been a private matter but.....this is the Meghan & Harry show. '

' Wow, such an intimate revellation from someone so desperately seeking privacy.... '

' I don't believe her for one second, the woman is a narcissist and will say and do anything to keep herself in the spotlight. At Eugenie's wedding she was barely 'pregnant', I use the term loosely, and she was wearing an oversized coat with the buttons undone. In Australia at barely three months gone she looked as if her fake pregnancy belly was about to burst. Does anyone seriously believe she could have kept this quiet since July? It would have made worldwide headlines, her sources world have made sure of that. Wait to hear from Samantha tomorrow. '

' Seriously?...I think she's hoping that Mills and Boon will give her a call.... '

Just some highlights from the Express comments.

Some people are f***ing morons
They are bitter shrivelled people who have no shame and feel the need to show the world just how bitter and shrivelled they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back