McInnes Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

he was architect of his own downfall, had a decent mentality at first then slipped into a complete lack of ideas, the selling then resigning of a good few players tells you he had no plan B.
Quite enthused at some of the names on the list fir his replacement, for some reason I think it maybe Strachan although it wouldn’t be my choice.
Corr blimey, I wouldn't wish Strachan on you :lol:

The Scottish media are akin to a bunch of old pissheads sitting around a table in a boozer with a slightly less hammered mate taking notes.
I should take exception to that given I'm Scottish but it's pretty much on the nail.

Actually, take the 'pretty much' out.

that like saying, realistically can we do better than Parkinson.
If you have no knowledge then it’s best not to comment and make an arse of yourself 😉

Actually my knowledge of Aberdeen goes back to the 1970s.

So it was a serious question.*

He won some silverware (albeit six years ago). Can they bring in someone who can do better and help them jump ahead of the old firm?

*Soz if I touched a nerve.

Last edited:

So it was a serious question.

He won some silverware (albeit six years ago). Can they bring in someone who can do better and help them jump ahead of the old firm?

fair enough, sounded like you were taking the piss.
If you don’t try you will never know.
Pointless having the defeatist attitude, that’s what got Mcinnes the boot

Rangers win the league and Lennon gets the boot, McInnes gets the boot, Lawwell does a runner and the Scottish Government go into meltdown.

The seethe. :D

4th in the league. One place behind expectations. Unless fans actually go into a season thinking they can win it. Two team city now, so could be the second best team in the city in a few years...

The answer is... no. :)

Aye, used to watch a few games there in the 70s anarl.

He won 1 (League) cup in an era where only Celtic spent more than Aberdeen for about 5 years. Watched a lot of teams win silverware spending a lot less than He did and has started to go backwards instead of forwards (3-2-2-2-2-4-4 & this season dropping like a Bird of Geordie shores knickers from 4th).

Yes Aberdeen could do better. I don't think it's a guarantee that they will, but would say its a bit like SAFC rolling the dice after Jack Ross. You might get Parkinson, but you hope you don't. The wages he was on after shows of loyalty rejecting offers at SoL and Mordor were eye watering (reportedly) so he was ultimately not worth keeping anyway.

He won 1 (League) cup in an era where only Celtic spent more than Aberdeen for about 5 years. Watched a lot of teams win silverware spending a lot less than He did and has started to go backwards instead of forwards (3-2-2-2-2-4-4 & this season dropping like a Bird of Geordie shores knickers from 4th).

Yes Aberdeen could do better. I don't think it's a guarantee that they will, but would say its a bit like SAFC rolling the dice after Jack Ross. You might get Parkinson, but you hope you don't. The wages he was on after shows of loyalty rejecting offers at SoL and Mordor were eye watering (reportedly) so he was ultimately not worth keeping anyway.
The simple fact is St Johnstone won 2 trophies in the time McInnes won 1. And that was after 120minutes of shite football followed by penalties with 44000 Dons fans backing the club.

Only one goal in umpteen cup finals and that lead lasted seconds.

Hope it's not Glass bring in the Italian lad before Celtic get him.
4th in the league. One place behind expectations. Unless fans actually go into a season thinking they can win it. Two team city now, so could be the second best team in the city in a few years...
Can't see Cove reaching the top flight but Ross Co and ICT have done it.

They've reached their level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back