Mbappe off to Real Madrid for £342m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frowned on, why did you not say that before, there are plenty people with degrees who call their mam, mam and do not disown their working class roots. The working class are people who get up each day work to provide for their family and you make out it is something to be ashamed of because your cockney mates frown upon you for saying mam, best you stay in London.

It is about a bloke moving to London and using the word mam and being frowned upon by his cockney mates and having to teach his poor working class dad not to say mam but mum as it made his dad sound thick.

It is about a bloke moving to London and using the word mam and being frowned upon by his cockney mates and having to teach his poor working class dad not to say mam but mum as it made his dad sound thick.
I used Mum throughout my whole childhood and early adult life in Durham, the same as the majority of my mates.

Exactly... You don't Say Mum and dud...it's MAM and DAD
I expect you are like me and search for the birthday / christmas card for 'mam' which are very rare on the ground these days, i dont know anybody from Sunderland (or the north east for that matter) that call thier mothers 'mum'. The OP must be a non- mackem lads fan
There's got to be a gap in the market for good MAM greetings cards, especially Manchester up over

Last edited:
We've already seen that in Football, a player can generate a lot of money (Neymar) and this lad, is going to be another one.

As for us. We just need a re-balance. A club like us, despite the fans effort. Has historically never troubled the top 6 in the top league in England, for years. Newcastle have been the neutrals favorite for years now. Why? Bercause they had exciting players, not just one. We've had SKP in the last 30 years. Yes we've had other great player that 'we' liked, not many others were bothered.

Best we can hope for is top 10, consistently, in the EPL, for one or two seasons out of ten. The other seasons will be spent getting back up again.

We've already seen that in Football, a player can generate a lot of money (Neymar) and this lad, is going to be another one.

As for us. We just need a re-balance. A club like us, despite the fans effort. Has historically never troubled the top 6 in the top league in England, for years. Newcastle have been the neutrals favorite for years now. Why? Bercause they had exciting players, not just one. We've had SKP in the last 30 years. Yes we've had other great player that 'we' liked, not many others were bothered.

Best we can hope for is top 10, consistently, in the EPL, for one or two seasons out of ten. The other seasons will be spent getting back up again.
What are you on about? :lol:

This thread isn't about MBappe or football man.

Yes it did.

No it didn't Billy no mates.

If one of the lads tried to put down another lad in our group for saying mam instead of mum they'd get absolutely tortured and rightly so.

Fortunately I don't knock about with any wet wipes so this hasn't happened, just like yours never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back