MAY Photo competition voting poll - Theme = WATER

may competition - theme = WATER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C&C - just some quick thoughts (don't take too seriously!:))

Munkyheed
Lovely colours - but either has to be completely wonky or not wonky at all.
Roger - Mandarin duck
Lovely picture of the duck and again beautiful colours, but I felt it almost detracted from the theme.
Roger - Packet
I like the composition of this, the timing was perfect; but I don't like the colour so much - bit grey.
Tripper - Crashing Wave
Looks like this will be the winning entry - gets my vote too. I think the picture could be improved by a vertical crop on the left hand side.
Tripper - Roker Sunrise
Nowhere near as good as your other entry - the sea is grey/blue and the sky is orangy which gives the impression of post production which (many know) I'm not a fan of :evil:. :)
UaeExile - Bridge
Love bridges so any photos of them will please me but I'm not a fan of long exposures of water - prefer the instant moment.
tom tom macute - surfer
Surprised this photo hasn't got more votes. There is so much to look at, it really holds my attention. There the houses, the church, the line of lights, the beach, the people, the water, the crest of the wave (leading lines) and to top it off a surfer. I'm not sure B&W does it justice but maybe the colour version didn't work ? vote (even if voting for this photo means my Atlantic Ocean picture is the only one on nought now!:lol:).
mine - Atlantic Ocean
I love this photo! (apart from brown bird/wood whatever at bottom) I know it is probably completely boring to everybody else but I did think it met the theme well! (Do appreciate I have the memories that go with the photo too !)
mine - Cuban Ice Cubes
Put this in as a second entry as most of the photos were blue and as it was completely different from my first entry - didn't expect any votes as it is just a snapshot with a bright light reflection by the girl's hat!

Thanks for entering everybody!

I thought the Cuban ice cubes was a very good shot, perhaps a bit of an overly clever interpretation of the theme

UaeExile - Bridge
Love bridges so any photos of them will please me but I'm not a fan of long exposures of water - prefer the instant moment.

You wouldn't know it, but there were a load of young arabs on Jetski's whizzing around in front of me.
If it wasn't getting dark my entry would have been of them but as it was, I was forced into using the big stopper to get rid of em :loll

Congratulations @tripper

You win the internets. I'm not 100% whether or not I'm going to have monthly themes but if you can think of a good one for July then by all means drop me a PM?

What do people think/want in terms of themes? Want to keep them? Want open months? Want to have a theme one month then open the next?

Congratulations @tripper

You win the internets. I'm not 100% whether or not I'm going to have monthly themes but if you can think of a good one for July then by all means drop me a PM?

What do people think/want in terms of themes? Want to keep them? Want open months? Want to have a theme one month then open the next?
Cheers.... I for one am in favour of themes ...gives you a little focus sometimes. Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back