MAY Photo competition voting poll - Theme = WATER

may competition - theme = WATER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Could do with a crop but an easy decision for 'tripper' for me

1. Mosque - Great subject and could have been a really nice shot if it wasn't wonky. Would have cropped a little from the right to make it symmetrical. (PS Do you live here?)

2. Duck - Really like the colours, just find the water quite distracting with all the bits floating in it.

3. Packet - I like this one even if I do find those statues a little creepy :lol:. It's just a little dull, could have done with a boost in contrast IMO.

4. Wave - Love this. My only critique would be that it's really soft. I would have also preferred to see more of the lighthouse between the waves crashing in.

5. Sunrise - Same as before. A really nice shot but looks really soft.

6. Me - Meh, first time using the ND filter. Really struggled to keep everything in the image sharp. Mostly disappointed by the rocks.

7. Surfer - Not keen on the b&w conversion as you've lost a lot of detail in the church. Also think it might have been better as a normal seascape without the surfer.

8. Ocean - very minimalistic, but for this to work you needed to get rid of the brownish splodge in the bottom right corner.

9. Cubes - Love the fact you can see her reflection in the mirror and the overall composition. Shame it looks like it was taken on a camera phone and has quite a lot of noise. Still gets my VOTE.

8. Ocean - very minimalistic, but for this to work you needed to get rid of the brownish splodge in the bottom right corner.

9. Cubes - Love the fact you can see her reflection in the mirror and the overall composition. Shame it looks like it was taken on a camera phone and has quite a lot of noise. Still gets my VOTE.

For 8. I agree 100% re mark in bottom corner, not sure if bird/rock or what. I have nothing that can edit though so it had to stay.

9. Thank you very much! :D. (It was taken in ambient light (no flash) on a compact)

Trippers crashing wave for me, nice framing, caught at the right time, lots of energy.

Would have been the mosque if symmetrical

Trippers crashing wave for me, nice framing, caught at the right time, lots of energy.

Would have been the mosque if symmetrical

The mosque is a fine idea, poorly executed sadly

I think I over cooked the smoothing in Photoshop on my images ... Need to learn restraint a little .. Thanks for the comments guys ..

The mosque is a fine idea, poorly executed sadly

lol. you only say that because you don't live here.... the reflection of the pillars is probably the most common shot for tourists coming to abu dhabi :lol:

I think I over cooked the smoothing in Photoshop on my images ... Need to learn restraint a little .. Thanks for the comments guys ..

I'm absolutely shite at editing my own photos.....Funny because I'm reasonably good at critiquing others :lol:

Last edited:
I liked them all tbh ! Mosque, bridge and Roker got my votes though, ones that initially caught my eye, will try and enter next comp, forgive my absence...

The rolling thread is locked you modding fannies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back