Mauricio Pochettino

Its a question I often ask my friends.....is football the only game where u can have worst stats in game , play poor and win

snooker - no
golf - no
tennis - no
cricket - no
darts - no
motor racing - no
etc etc etc

Another coach who is well thought of, develops youth and delivers fuck all, does he sound very similar to a coach nearer to home ?. Chelsea will do well to make the top 4 with him in charge, decent coach, but not a winner IMO.

Another coach who is well thought of, develops youth and delivers fuck all, does he sound very similar to a coach nearer to home ?. Chelsea will do well to make the top 4 with him in charge, decent coach, but not a winner IMO.
With the two teams he has managed before in England he has massively overachieved considering the teams and squads, not sure how that can be disputed tbh
Its a question I often ask my friends.....is football the only game where u can have worst stats in game , play poor and win

snooker - no
golf - no
tennis - no
cricket - no
darts - no
motor racing - no
etc etc etc
Seen that happen many a time in Darts mind

With the two teams he has managed before in England he has massively overachieved considering the teams and squads, not sure how that can be disputed tbh

Seen that happen many a time in Darts mind
But what have the teams won ? and that is the point I am making. Think when he managed PSG, he didn't win the league in a one horse race.

Well if you expect Tottenham and Southampton to win the top league in this country your bar is clearly unreasonably high.

It’s all relative surely??
Not so much Southhampton, but Tottenham should have been there or there abouts especially with an in form Kane and Song scorring goals for fun, but he bottled it when in decent positions and was sacked (he didn't walk).

You've got to manage trams capable of winning trophies usually to actually win them....

He also did win the league at PSG so that's wrong.
Aye, Marco Silva, Thomas Frank and Eddie Howe not good managers last season on that ridiculous logic that other poster taking
Is that it for what was head and shoulders the best team in France (all from having unlimited resources and some of the best players in the world), before he got sacked.
Is that the way it works then win something no credit because you have the resources.

But criticised for not winning anything when you clearly don’t have the resources!!

Great logic that mind

Last edited:

Back