Matty Young on loan to Darlington

Saw him yesterday v Farsley Celtic. Very good hands but perhaps premature to suggest he should be our no 1 next season
Whenever I’ve seen him looks commanding and has a big presence that reminds me of top top keepers over the years. I reckon it’s all about this summer with what happens with Patto and then he’d need a massive massive preseason. Even then he’d need a serious back up. So at best a very long shot. Most likely will get a league loan.

But couldn’t have done any better on his Darlo loan. And if he is available there’ll be a queue of league clubs out the door of the AOL all the way to the beach.

We have to be targeting Young being Sunderlands number one either the season after next, or the one after that. Pivotal we get next seasons loan move right.

I don't even think a loan to a national league club would be the worst thing in the world as long as it was a top 3 side. Gateshead could be a shout if they're wanting to kick on from their good season

Last edited:
This young fella is excellent -if we lose Patto ( hope we dint ) -he will move through ..
In fact I would go so far ( tin hat on ) as to say he is as important to us long term as Riggy ( who we all love )
I’ve spoken to a few who know ( I dint ) and this kid is exceptionally talented and has like Jordan P …no fear
How good are we !!( sorry for the positivity!) HTL

Darlo might be a good place to send Adam Richardson. Get him a good season of mens football. He definitely needs it

Hartlepool and York wanted Richardson. The fact we havent sent our u21s to York, Hartlepool, Spennymoor, Darlington more isnt great to be honest. However, I do know that Bally left a sour taste in the mouth of Hartlepool when he slowed down a transfer to Hartlepool a few years ago though.

Seen him play twice for Darlo recently and both games he was brilliant. Looks like a seasoned pro
Agreed, i was at Blyth Spartans when he played there recently. As was said earlier, has a calm presence and just dominated everything. Looked assured well beyond his years. Can see him going to the very top.

Back