Matty Young on loan to Darlington

I was at the Darlington v Scunthorpe game last week, which Darlo won 4-0, he was excellent, claimed a lot of balls under pressure, good distribution, done absolutely nothing wrong, looks like he will go a long way.

Mate I was with, who watches Darlington every week said he's been outstanding, he also mentioned that Man City had been at the last few games watching him....
Great to hear and signef a pro deal recently

Loan again next season and start for us the year after maybe?

I was at the Darlington v Scunthorpe game last week, which Darlo won 4-0, he was excellent, claimed a lot of balls under pressure, good distribution, done absolutely nothing wrong, looks like he will go a long way.

Mate I was with, who watches Darlington every week said he's been outstanding, he also mentioned that Man City had been at the last few games watching him....
Chelsea too

£100m or they can fuck off. ;)

Officially loan is up but not announced. Extension untill the end of the season? Makes sense. 2nd bottom and 8 points adrift, now 5 points clear from the drop.

7 wins from 9. Conceded 8 and 3 clean sheets. Nice write up.
It’d be detrimental to the kid to recall him now. What he’s doing for Darlo far transcends age group football. Leave him there imo.

Massively, I'd go as far to say he doesn't need to play academy football again, out next season at a higher level.
I’d agree marra, he’s fast tracking his own career seemingly and fair fucks to the kid. No reason he can’t replicate Pickfords career as a premier league regular and England number 1. Skys the limit if he continues to apply himself in the same way.

I’d agree marra, he’s fast tracking his own career seemingly and fair fucks to the kid. No reason he can’t replicate Pickfords career as a premier league regular and England number 1. Skys the limit if he continues to apply himself in the same way.
Nowt better than you're first loan in a relegation battle, fans unhappy and poor form, and turn it around. Sounds like Watson and Mitchell brought in a a few pieces to the jigsaw and Matty's one of them. Looking at the table they'll be safe, and that will feel like a promotion for them! A very good loan.

If the rumours about premier League interest in Patterson are true then he may well get first team football here next season.
Feels very early but he’s 18 in November and does look like an exceptional talent. Given was 19 when he was here so not a massive difference but still a big ask of such a young player in that position.
We’d absolutely have to recruit a really solid reliable experienced keeper to compete if we sold Patterson though.

Back