Mary Poppins film age rating raised from U to PG

A 60 year old childs film being moved from a 'u' rating to a 'pg' rating scares you shitless?

I think people need to have a bit of perspective here and not lose sight of what the story actually is. The 'offensive' word is so innofensive that it hasn't been removed from the film and the film hasn't been canceled or been made unavailable to children of all ages.

The word is still there. The film is still there.

It's now a PG rather than a U...it literally makes fuck all difference to anyone's lives. If you want to watch the film with your 4 year old child then crack on.
I didn’t say the re- rating scares me shitless - I couldn’t give a damn tbh.

I said that people who trawl these things and everything else simply looking for something that might ( but actually doesn’t) offend ,scare me shitless.

Ok - they seriously piss me off then .

Last edited:
You do know the actual core job of the BBFC is to literally assess/pour over the content of films?
They have no other role

And would you care to argue a case as to why their statement is wrong?

The BBFC said: "We understand from our racism and discrimination research... that a key concern for... parents is the potential to expose children to discriminatory language or behaviour which they may find distressing or repeat without realising the potential offence."

You can't even use the classic "it never did me any harm" defence, because sadly your posting history suggests the complete opposite
As said, most normal people will see it all as a bit daft, but will be cheered on by the usual nuggets like yourself

I didn’t say the re- rating scares me shitless - I couldn’t give a damn tbh.

I said that people who trawl these things and everything else simply looking for something that might ( but actually doesn’t) offend ,scare me shitless.

Ok - they seriously piss me off then .
So you're pissed off about, rather than scared of, a dystopian fantasy.

I’ve got a rare sight disorder from watching Mary Poppins too many times.

It's called umdiddleyumdiddleyumdiddley eye.
Stealing that one :lol:
Who's driving this?

Was there a re-release of the film or something else that triggers a review?
Otherwise, who's paying for films to be constantly under threat of review?

Unless someone specifically pays to have this done, just leave things alone.

Last edited:
If the actual Hottetots have raised this - then I kind of ( but only kind of) get it.

My suspicions are someone is actually trawling through old films looking for things and being offended on behalf of others .

Which I don’t get and scares me shitless.
Why does it scare you shitless? It's a passive sign change. It hasn't been banned or become illegal. Parents are still free to sit their little ones in front of the telly with this on. Nothing has changed in that respect. Films are reclassified all the time, it's not a new thing.
As said, most normal people will see it all as a bit daft, but will be cheered on by the usual nuggets like yourself
And the usual nuggets will think it's a sign of the erosion of civilisation, like yourself 👍

Last edited:
Stealing that one :lol:
Who's driving this?

Was there a re-release of the film or something else that triggers a review?
Otherwise, who's paying for films to be constantly under threat of review?

Unless someone specifically pays to have this done, just leave things alone.
It must be a re-release for home media or a new cinema run that triggers it.

If they change the rating of some movie from the 60s that's isn't actually being shown or available anywhere, what would be the point? It doesn't change the rating printed on the old VHS you have in the back of a drawer somewhere

Back