Marlon Samuels

Don’t think there’s anyone I’d least like in my team. Even Warner. Horrible individual. Wonder what the good guys of the windies team really make of him. Brathwaite, Gayle, Holder etc

gayle, one of the good guys?
All instances you mention are historical and undeniable. What they are though are history and things have moved on for the better.

The things you mention don’t happen now, the colour of someone’s skin isn’t the crutch it once was despite some people being desperate to cling onto it.

Lewis Hamilton must’ve had the most privledged upbringing imaginable, zero glass ceiling for that boy yet he’s still wandering around with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I go back to the Morgan Freeman point of if you keep giving something the oxygen of publicity then it’ll never go away.

dunno, i remember hearing darren bent getting racist abuse off one of our own fans down pompey, and he said his mam got some off our own in the crowd didn't he? hardly ancient history.

i agree about the whole if everyone ignored race then maybe racism goes away (although it does seem on the up in some places in the world, with a big rise in the far right popularity) BUT also i don't really blame anyone on the wrong end of it thinking 'why should i wait 200 years for it to slowly go away' i don't think any of would have such a lackadaisical if we had black or minority partners or children. if you had a black little girl and on the school playground heard another parent saying 'no place for darkies here' or something like that i'm sure you'd turn the other cheek and just think ah well, itll all blow over one day

Last edited:

gayle, one of the good guys?

dunno, i remember hearing darren bent getting racist abuse off one of our own fans down pompey, and he said his mam got some off our own in the crowd didn't he? hardly ancient history.

i agree about the whole if everyone ignored race then maybe racism goes away (although it does seem on the up in some places in the world, with a big rise in the far right popularity) BUT also i don't really blame anyone on the wrong end of it thinking 'why should i wait 200 years for it to slowly go away' i don't think any of would have such a lackadaisical if we had black or minority partners or children. if you had a black little girl and on the school playground heard another parent saying 'no place for darkies here' or something like that i'm sure you'd turn the other cheek and just think ah well, itll all blow over one day
I can honestly say I’ve never heard a racist remark in the SOL. I did at Roker Park but not the SOL.

The reason it’s on the rise in my opinion I’d down to instances like this with Samuels where people are recognising the shocking double standards.

I’m sure if as a parent we heard our child being picked we’d be too happy regardless of the skin colour.
Aye what’s wrong with him? Bit of a mercenary these days aye but seems like a good lad. Unlike Samuels
‘Universe boss’ anyone giving themselves such nicknames is a twat. This Dwayne Bravo another one!

Last edited:
I can honestly say I’ve never heard a racist remark in the SOL. I did at Roker Park but not the SOL.

The reason it’s on the rise in my opinion I’d down to instances like this with Samuels where people are recognising the shocking double standards.

I’m sure if as a parent we heard our child being picked we’d be too happy regardless of the skin colour.

like the love child of arsene wenger and donald trump that like. racism doesn't exist these days because you've never heard it and if racism is on the rise, it's because of black people.

like the love child of arsene wenger and donald trump that like. racism doesn't exist these days because you've never heard it and if racism is on the rise, it's because of black people.
Nobody I know when I ask them can give me any specific examples of actually seeing where black people are or have been persecuted, not one.

It’s easy to create the Perfect online persona of being holier than thou, it’s like a competition on this board but it’s not reality.

Of course there will be ignorant people who won’t like people based on skin colour, (that works both ways by the way) that will never ever stop but it’s hardly a massive problem anymore. Keep giving it the oxygen of publicity though and that problem will begin to grow again.

Nobody I know when I ask them can give me any specific examples of actually seeing where black people are or have been persecuted, not one.

It’s easy to create the Perfect online persona of being holier than thou, it’s like a competition on this board but it’s not reality.

Of course there will be ignorant people who won’t like people based on skin colour, (that works both ways by the way) that will never ever stop but it’s hardly a massive problem anymore. Keep giving it the oxygen of publicity though and that problem will begin to grow again.

Yeah. That’s one of the points. There are others too. I surely don’t need to help you read this?

But you don’t actually want to discuss it, because we all know you’re a WUM. That’s fine
Surely the main point as well.

Like I say you can’t account for the lazy and idle, that makes up for the majority of the 25% white people out of Work. It’ll also account for 25% of BAME as well.

The 12% gap could be closed (will it ever be perfect of course not) by stopping giving people an excuse to feel persecuted. As long as you give some a get out of jail free they’ll use it time and time again. We live in an extremely weak society now where people are unable to look in the mirror and reflect on their own shortcomings, far easier to blame others and in the BAME case they’ve got plenty sympathetic ears for their tales of woe.

I'm sure the likes of Sobers, Lloyd, Holding, Richards, Ambrose, and Lara would happily stamp on Samuels' hands and throat if it stopped him from ever saying or writing a single word ever again.

The West Indies has a proud history of good people as well as fine cricketers and they'll be embarrassed to the point of rage that someone from their side could be such a prick.

I'm sure the likes of Sobers, Lloyd, Holding, Richards, Ambrose, and Lara would happily stamp on Samuels' hands and throat if it stopped him from ever saying or writing a single word ever again.

The West Indies has a proud history of good people as well as fine cricketers and they'll be embarrassed to the point of rage that someone from their side could be such a prick.
Richards, Ambrose, Marshall, holding etc were real heroes of mine growing up, carried themselves with great dignity and were above all else magnificent cricketers.

The era of the gayles, bravos, Samuels, best etc were and are a bunch wannabe hip hop artists. Cretinous!

I wouldn’t be holding my breath on any kind of condemnation from another black man in regards to Samuels racist comments though. They all seem to stick together in those situations. Shoe on other foot then the whites would be forming an orderly queue to express their outrage!

Back