Marks & Spencer’s to close In Sunderland

Could be true, if say for example they live in the town or nearby and can walk to high street, but now they have to walk from home to park lane to get a bus to the galleries. Nee idea on bus times mind, but doubt there's any direct routes that won't have at least a dozen or more stops between them
Aye could be. I struggle to se how a company such as M&S wouldn’t offer redundancy for permanent contracted colleagues m ( again assume colleagues don’t have teavel clause) p

Not trying to be contrary btw.

Last edited:
Aye could be. I struggle to se how a company such as M&S wouldn’t offer redundancy for permanent contracted colleagues m ( again assume colleagues don’t have teavel clause) p

Not trying to be contrary btw.
The head office of M&S probably just see it as both stores are within the city of Sunderland boundaries therefore staff are able to work in either, regardless of their circumstances

The head office of M&S probably just see it as both stores are within the city of Sunderland boundaries therefore staff are able to work in either, regardless of their circumstances
Appreciate that maybe the case, but that is is still highly unusual for non management for this to be move or lose your job without some form of redundancy. Again not trying to be a Dick, struggle it’s that cut and dried. Happy to take bets 😉😉

Of course they do
It was the same when shields shut and some were moved to silverlink
It’s only 4 miles away they said
Shit company
I’ve boycotted them since the Sunderland announcement

Ate they’re not coming out of this well , sound like a bit of a ruthless company to be honest, shareholders first , staff and customers last
Prob why Sunderland council stupidly ploughed in and cut down load of trees off silky lane (opp sains) without even consulting residents and as result the work got halted (proposed M&S small store )

Last edited:

Back