Mark E Smith not looking well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some New Order lyrics were deliberately bad to get the Joy Division tag off them

"Love is found in the East and the West
but when love is at home it's the best"

etc.
canny trick to pull it off for nigh on 40 years mind

only seen the Fall once, was really badly hungover, they didn't help very much

Pleased to hear it was a decent gig in Newcastle.

I watched the BBC4 documentary on him this morning, to try and prove to myself that it must be me that's wrong, as I'm apparently the only one who can't stand The Fall. Didn't work. Made my ears bleed. I had to play Dancing Queen five times to get that nasty nasal whine out of them again.

When you have 7 hours spare give 'The Fall: The Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004" a listen. It's fantastic stuff.

Pleased to hear it was a decent gig in Newcastle.

When you have 7 hours spare give 'The Fall: The Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004" a listen. It's fantastic stuff.

Indeed it is sir.....also new 7cd singles and bsides box set.
A great band to collect if that’s your thing. So many albums, live recordings and compilations, so many rip offs etc. a chap can certainly service his obsessive side

Indeed it is sir.....also new 7cd singles and bsides box set.
A great band to collect if that’s your thing. So many albums, live recordings and compilations, so many rip offs etc. a chap can certainly service his obsessive side
I have my eyes on the new box set, but I've always felt if I tried to get everything The Fall released I'd never have time to hear anything else. "50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong:39 Golden Greats" would be a great introduction to the band for anyone who wants to give them a try. I don't usually choose to play 'Best Of' albums very often, but I make an exception with that one.

Last edited:
I watched the BBC4 documentary on him this morning, to try and prove to myself that it must be me that's wrong, as I'm apparently the only one who can't stand The Fall. Didn't work. Made my ears bleed. I had to play Dancing Queen five times to get that nasty nasal whine out of them again.
Never understand the appeal and I liked lou reed and Metallica together.

Cancelled a gig in Bristol last night just as they were due on stage. Really poorly apparently. Not looking good according to sources close to The Fall :(

Cancelled a gig in Bristol last night just as they were due on stage. Really poorly apparently. Not looking good according to sources close to The Fall :(

Aye, had tickets for the original gig that this was the rescheduling of. Just think he has to stop, word is he travelled to Bristol against medical advice. Don't want to speculate any more than that.

Aye, had tickets for the original gig that this was the rescheduling of. Just think he has to stop, word is he travelled to Bristol against medical advice. Don't want to speculate any more than that.
He's issued a statement saying they'll try and reschedule for in the next 6 to 8 weeks and that The Fall have 8 new songs ready for release hopefully before Christmas. So hopefully things aren't as bad as they look from the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back