Manic Street Preachers

Holy Bible in my top 5 favourite albums ever. Manics in my top 10 favourite bands ever as well
Would have loved to see them & Suede. Closest they are coming though is Leeds.

Last edited:
They were class up to the This is my truth album but then went a bit rubbish. Saw them live in the late 90's with support from Catatonia. One of the better gigs I've attended.

Absolutely superb beat combo. Their early stuff is excellent. Thought the quality of the their output dwindled a bit late 90's, but they can crop up with the odd belter. I always think its harder for bands as they mature to have the same energy and ethos as they did so you have to adapt, and I think they matured very well

This one's from 2018

I have Manic up to This Is Your Truth as a great band, then Manics after This Is Your Truth as a band I lost interest in as their output became poor

Back in the day when I had a MP3 collection, mostly copied from other people, I had a live version of Suicide Is Painless. It started off with the announcement "This ones for Sunderland, for stuffing Chelsea again and making us all very happy".

It was copied from a Yorkshireman with no interest in football, so it wasn't that someone thought I would like it from the intro.

First four albums were essential for me in the nineties but I haven't been bothered bar the odd song since "This is My Truth"...

Yes they were hyped at the beginning of their career but so we're others at the time (Birdland anyone?), and at least unlike them the Manics actually delivered in those early years.

I've seen them once at a festival and have avoided them since.

I'm sure the fans love them but they were awful. Had a few bangers back in the day but not for me any more.

Holy Bible was amazing. They’re released some brilliant stuff, and some rubbish

Consistently excellent live
The Holy Bible is their best work. Always been a fan but their output has been patchy since This Is My Truth...

In his pomp, Bradfield was the best rock vocalist around and a superb guitarist. Being a guitar player, I used to marvel at how he could play some of those melody lines and riffs whilst singing. Tremendous.

I can remember first seeing them for the first time at the Mayfair - god knows which year it was 90/91???They were supported by a rap act Called Credit To The Nation, IIRC?
Touring with Suede this year I believe
Not interested unless Bernard Butler is back in the band ☺️

Last edited:

Back