Manchester centre to Stockport (and back)

I live in Stockport, train every time. Trains run every 10-15 mins. A direct train will take about 10mins, if you get one that stops at Levenshulme and Heaton Chapel it will take about 20-25mins.

When the viaduct just outside stockport station was built, there was a charter put in place saying all london trains coming out of manchester must stop at stockport. Virgin don't like this, as they could probably knock 10mins off their manchester to london times if they didn't have to slow down and stop 10mins into their journey

Going to see Paul Heaton like ?
I am. Paul Heaton on friday night, and then Blossoms on saturday. I live less then a mile from edgeley park

392 bus to Hazel Grove.
192. Don't

Last edited:
That takes me back. Saw Ghostbusters for the first tine in the old cinema under the viaduct in the early 1980s. It looks like it hasn't changed but it has loads. The centers like a ghost town these days.

Get yourself a crate of old tom if you are stopping.
I hate how the red rock centre looks but the stockport lads at work love it, and say its helping the centre

That takes me back. Saw Ghostbusters for the first tine in the old cinema under the viaduct in the early 1980s. It looks like it hasn't changed but it has loads. The centers like a ghost town these days.

Get yourself a crate of old tom if you are stopping.
Old Tom is 120 years old this year.

The centre is changing a lot at the moment. A hell of a lot of money being spent on regeneration.

Old Tom is 120 years old this year.

The centre is changing a lot at the moment. A hell of a lot of money being spent on regeneration.

I was there when we regenerated it the first time before Mersey way got its glass roof. Almost as many vaux pubs as Sunderland back then.

Back