Malcolm Young RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked so why not.

And give ower man. :lol:
I cannot for the life of me see the difference Chris ? Your whole argument is the songs sounded good,sod the singer not being there and the fat bloke from Guns and Roses needing a few quid etc etc,i know as a young lad you're limited to what you can see these days but i'd rather see Rival sons 4 times for the same money

I cannot for the life of me see the difference Chris ? Your whole argument is the songs sounded good,sod the singer not being there and the fat bloke from Guns and Roses needing a few quid etc etc,i know as a young lad you're limited to what you can see these days but i'd rather see Rival sons 4 times for the same money
I don't think Rival Sons dee If You Want Blood marra...

The songs were right, Angus and his antics were still the main event, and Axl fit perfectly. I bought tickets to see them with Johnson and nobody can help the fact he was forced to retire. We just took the decision to go and enjoy it for what it was and it turned out to exceed all expectations - mainly because Axl was fuckin' excellent. I've always enjoyed the Bon Scott era stuff more anyway, so to hear Axl sing them instead of Brian didn't make a great deal of difference anyway - and like I said, at times it was better.

I don't think Rival Sons dee If You Want Blood marra...

The songs were right, Angus and his antics were still the main event, and Axl fit perfectly. I bought tickets to see them with Johnson and nobody can help the fact he was forced to retire. We just took the decision to go and enjoy it for what it was and it turned out to exceed all expectations - mainly because Axl was fuckin' excellent. I've always enjoyed the Bon Scott era stuff more anyway, so to hear Axl sing them instead of Brian didn't make a great deal of difference anyway - and like I said, at times it was better.
Missing the point totally mate which brings us back to Kansas lookylikes if the songs done great is what its all about.
I set out by saying a bands credibility and legacy is all they have.Not sure what you saw has to do with the cheeky lads who wrote Touch too much.Glad you enjoyed it but its far far removed for me.I dont want RS to do owt but their songs and i wont be going to see them in 2047 with Ed sheeran helping out

Missing the point totally mate which brings us back to Kansas lookylikes if the songs done great is what its all about.
I set out by saying a bands credibility and legacy is all they have.Not sure what you saw has to do with the cheeky lads who wrote Touch too much.Glad you enjoyed it but its far far removed for me.I dont want RS to do owt but their songs and i wont be going to see them in 2047 with Ed sheeran helping out
:lol: I'm not missing the point at all. I think you might be though.

:lol: I'm not missing the point at all. I think you might be though.
Well your missing my point and i do get yours but i'm surprised,you being a musician yaself.
I'm not interested in tribute ,watered down,slowed down,they wont notice,think of the money we'll make,he sounds just like him etc etc, versions of bands who should know better.Bands spend good money protecting what they have and for good reason.

For what its worth i thought Axl did a great job as well - was it AC/DC? in name i guess it was but not the AC/DC i loved which ended in reality when Bon died for me, seen them with BJ several times and always enjoyed them Manchester on the Black Ice tour was absolutely brilliant imo, but to me once Bon died and setting aside the Back In Black album (Bons songs ;)) they changed the music, style & song structure was different to what had been dare i say it became more harder edged? i found myself only finding 2 or 3 tracks per album i really liked as opposed to the Bon era which in my opinion contained very little `filler` songs - if any, so seeing Axl didnt phase me & i agree he nailed the Bon songs, my gripe really wasnt the singer it was the fact Mal & Phil Rudd were`nt there which kinda made it feel like totally the Angus show albeit still enjoyable but... AC/DC though? - hmmm debatable.
Just my opinion of course. On a side note the new Jesse Fink book about Bon is an interesting read ;)

Well your missing my point and i do get yours but i'm surprised,you being a musician yaself.
I'm not interested in tribute ,watered down,slowed down,they wont notice,think of the money we'll make,he sounds just like him etc etc, versions of bands who should know better.Bands spend good money protecting what they have and for good reason.
It wasn't tribute and it wasn't watered down. It was Angus Young with a proper rock star frontman. We enjoyed it for what it was as we'd already paid our money and they were great. Would I have paid upfront for Axl/DC??? Probably not, but they did the job. I don't see what me being a musician has to do with it? If it had been some unknown drafted in then yeah, but Axl's a proper frontman.

For what its worth i thought Axl did a great job as well - was it AC/DC? in name i guess it was but not the AC/DC i loved which ended in reality when Bon died for me, seen them with BJ several times and always enjoyed them Manchester on the Black Ice tour was absolutely brilliant imo, but to me once Bon died and setting aside the Back In Black album (Bons songs ;)) they changed the music, style & song structure was different to what had been dare i say it became more harder edged? i found myself only finding 2 or 3 tracks per album i really liked as opposed to the Bon era which in my opinion contained very little `filler` songs - if any, so seeing Axl didnt phase me & i agree he nailed the Bon songs, my gripe really wasnt the singer it was the fact Mal & Phil Rudd were`nt there which kinda made it feel like totally the Angus show albeit still enjoyable but... AC/DC though? - hmmm debatable.
Just my opinion of course. On a side note the new Jesse Fink book about Bon is an interesting read ;)
Aye - I was more upset about Phil Rudd than owt else, and I saw them at Wembley without him on the last tour too.

It wasn't tribute and it wasn't watered down. It was Angus Young with a proper rock star frontman. We enjoyed it for what it was as we'd already paid our money and they were great. Would I have paid upfront for Axl/DC??? Probably not, but they did the job. I don't see what me being a musician has to do with it? If it had been some unknown drafted in then yeah, but Axl's a proper frontman.

Aye - I was more upset about Phil Rudd than owt else, and I saw them at Wembley without him on the last tour too.
To say again,credibility .It means a lot to some and to me,music's not about ££ and creaming it above all else . I'd be wasting my time talking to housewives at a Maroon5 gig about it but thought perhaps you'd know what i'm on about.Honestly glad you enjoyed it though just the idea of it made me cringe .They're loaded and should have just cancelled if Brian wasn't up to it

To say again,credibility .It means a lot to some and to me,music's not about ££ and creaming it above all else . I'd be wasting my time talking to housewives at a Maroon5 gig about it but thought perhaps you'd know what i'm on about.Honestly glad you enjoyed it though just the idea of it made me cringe .They're loaded and should have just cancelled if Brian wasn't up to it
It was credible.

Which is the bigger part of my point,knowing when to respect the band you are only one part of

It was credible.

Last edited:
There's rumours that Angus is going to do an album with Axl Rose. There's no reason why Brian couldn't record an album and I don't want to hear AC/DC with that other fucker. They could get Cliff and Brian back for an album and maybe play one or two big festivals, if it's outdoors Brian will be able to handle it easily. No tours anymore but just a few dates every summer at the big festivals would be good.

I just don't see the attraction to Axl Rose but I'm not going to say anything about Angus. He's lost two brothers in the space of a few weeks, I suppose he can do whatever he wants to do.

Eh? Such as what like? Getting their Stevie in to fill in for him like he secretly had to in the 80s when Malcolm was drying out? Or do you refer to Axl who was brought in to fulfil tour dates that would otherwise have had to be cancelled and absolutely nailed it?

The way Brian was treat for one.
And Yeah I saw Stevie fill in for them and I also saw Stevie playing in the support band as well

Last edited:
And I know for a fact that he went to Angus requesting to cut back on touring, age playing a major thing and in so many words, he said no, shortly after that he was sacked or left, whichever way you interpret it. Also did you know just prior to his death , they were also considering sacking Bon due to his increasing use of hard drugs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back