Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

Logon or register to see this image

Think I've got enough 'Base Gravy' to last another 30 currys (no exaggeration) and there's 5 chicken Massala's there. One for each day this week for lunch at work.

Going to turn some of this base gravy into a korma now. And then I've got everything set to make lamb Sheekh kebabs :D

Ow Karl lad. Look at you you little masterchef. You got enough space in yer freezer for all that like?:lol:

Next on your to make list is a banging tarka daahl and a veggie curry with either lamb or chicken in. My favourites are turnip and lamb, saag and lamb, cauliflower potato and chicken.

Lentil curries are awesome with boiled rice. Remember try all the different kind of lentils too

Remember small Asian turnips not git big ones.

Saag gohst (spinach and green cabbage lamb curry)

Add chicken or lamb to this recipe at the beginning after they make the sauce. When meat is nearly done add veg
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK0CcEZ5VM

Logon or register to see this image

Think I've got enough 'Base Gravy' to last another 30 currys (no exaggeration) and there's 5 chicken Massala's there. One for each day this week for lunch at work.

Going to turn some of this base gravy into a korma now. And then I've got everything set to make lamb Sheekh kebabs :D
a curry every day? that'll do nowt for ya waistline mate :D

Will give that a go.

Best one I have made is the Lamb Karahi, Rick Stein did the Karachi Curry House in Bradford version. Made it for a dinner party and it went down a storm.

Lads I'm scranning this right now and it's the best f***ing chicken Madras I've ever eaten! Even better than your Indian takeaway.

Pics to follow.

Thanks for sharing, I'm in curry heaven.

Last edited:
Lads I'm scranning this right now and it's the best f***ing chicken Madras I've ever eaten! Even better than your Indian takeaway.

Pics to follow.

Thanks for sharing, I'm in curry heaven.

Glad someone else had the same verdict as me. Enjoy it marra.

Will give that a go.

Best one I have made is the Lamb Karahi, Rick Stein did the Karachi Curry House in Bradford version. Made it for a dinner party and it went down a storm.
Make this quite regularly ......have you put the chilli puri in as well?
Did it one time when my mate was round and he had to get the taxi to stop at asda on the way home so he could have a tom tit:D

Back