Major league baseball

We should be in one or other of the bars for kick off so we'll soon see! My mate's flight from Minneapolis was cancelled so we're not going to have him there to explain what the fuck's going on in the baseball but really looking forward to it. Went to Chess Records yesterday which was very cool and then spent about 5 hours in the Art Institute which is the best gallery I've ever been to. I know about as much about art as I do baseball but seeing some of my favourite pictures 'in the flesh' was tremendous. Doing some gangster-related pub crawl tonight, it's all go!

We had a really good day out. Some great bars next to the ground, friendly fans, decent beer, but none that we were in showed streaming telly so had to try and watch our game on my phone.
Unfortunately, the game was grim - finished 2-0 to the Cubs (after a 12-5 romp in their previous game!) and it was a bit chilly out of the sun, but well worth the minimal effort involved. Great experience though, in reality, I don't think I'll ever go to an MLB game again.

View media item 10522
Yeh we took one in too, another 2-0! Really enjoyed like was probably looking round the ground more than the pitch. Unreal place. About £11 a bottle like! 😂

Likewise prob never again but enjoyed!

Astros make their seventh consecutive ALCS and an all Texas one at that. All wildcard progressions save for the Astros, should be an interesting series.

FTR.

Thought the Texas Rangers looked surprisingly good earlier in the Season and these were my tips alongside the Arizona Diamondbacks to go all the way this Season.

As a Braves Fan since 1991 (when I studied over in Georgia)....Guttered those pesky Phillies beat my Team the Atlanta Braves and interesting that all 100+ Season Winners will not grace the so called World Series finale Lottery!!!

Go Braves....

Thought the Texas Rangers looked surprisingly good earlier in the Season and these were my tips alongside the Arizona Diamondbacks to go all the way this Season.

As a Braves Fan since 1991 (when I studied over in Georgia)....Guttered those pesky Phillies beat my Team the Atlanta Braves and interesting that all 100+ Season Winners will not grace the so called World Series finale Lottery!!!

Go Braves....

Go Braves....
Logon or register to see this image

Haway the Phillies.

Last edited:
Rangers up 8-2 in the fourth of game 7 in the series, at the Astros. Stadium stunned.

Garcia has activated beast mode.
I'd say stadium not entirely surprised was more the reaction, we've been so inconsistent all season and better away from home.

Regardless, we couldn't quite make it this season; we've still got a very good core and with Dusty's replacement hopefully we're in the same position of being able to challenge in the post-season again next year.

I'd congratulate the Rangers but they're the Rangers so FTR and fingers crossed for the D-backs.

Last edited:
I'd say stadium not entirely surprised was more the reaction, we've been so inconsistent all season and better away from home.

Regardless, we couldn't quite make it this season; we've still got a very good core and with Dusty's replacement hopefully we're in the same position of being able to challenge in the post-season again next year.

I'd congratulate the Rangers but they're the Rangers so FTR and fingers crossed for the D-backs.
I moved to Dallas this year, I wasn't a fan or follower of baseball but i've tried to get into all the sports here - thankfully the principals of supporting my local team which have haunted us as SAFC fans is paying off being in Dallas.

Final of Stanley Cup
Semi Final of Superbowl
World Series - I even bought a Garcia shirt today :D. Heading out to a bar to watch it in just over an hour.

Just need the mavericks to kick on a bit.

Last edited:
I remember the Randy Johnson Diamondbacks series win, absolutely nothing to do with the large hot tub full of lasses.
😁
Probably my only game, national anthem, a warbly, flat, off key 4/10.

Last edited:

Back