Major Incident At Sydney Shopping Centre

According to several reports on Twitter, the Bishop has been outspoken against Israel’s action in Gaza. I don’t think RR will be jumping into this one.

That said, she should be sacked for her Islamophobic tweets at the weekend.
Islamophobic tweets?
She was tweeting against the calls for violence from demonstrators.
Seems like another smear campaign by the biggots?
CEFfie doesn't understand what Islamaphobia is.
Can you quote her Islamophobic tweets then?

Last edited:
Islamophobic tweets?
She was tweeting against the calls for violence from demonstrators.
Seems like another smear campaign by the biggots?

Can you quote her Islamophobic tweets then?
Countdown's Rachel Riley has issued an apology following a controversial tweet about the Sydney mall stabbings, leading to calls for Channel 4 to dismiss her. The 38-year-old was accused of promoting Islamophobia when she incorrectly suggested that the horrific attack was a Palestinian uprising.

Countdown's Rachel Riley has issued an apology following a controversial tweet about the Sydney mall stabbings, leading to calls for Channel 4 to dismiss her. The 38-year-old was accused of promoting Islamophobia when she incorrectly suggested that the horrific attack was a Palestinian uprising.

Looks like she's gone full tinfoil. I'd be surprised if C4 don't bin her like.

She hasn't apologised for islamaphobic tweets. She's apologised for if what she said was misunderstood.

So she incorrectly attributed a knife attack to those calling for knife attacks?

Still don't see the Islamophobia link.

A lot of people out to get her I think.

Wonder how this would have played out in the UK where the standard copper doesn't carry a gun? Living in the US (Texas) now, every time you go into a metro centre type of place there's police every 100 yards or so, highly visible and always with guns on display. I'd have thought before I moved it would be unsettling but it's actually very comforting.

What do people think about the idea of UK police carrying pistols? The respect for officers would surely go up a notch.
Someone would have done him with a mammoth tusk.

Wonder how this would have played out in the UK where the standard copper doesn't carry a gun? Living in the US (Texas) now, every time you go into a metro centre type of place there's police every 100 yards or so, highly visible and always with guns on display. I'd have thought before I moved it would be unsettling but it's actually very comforting.

What do people think about the idea of UK police carrying pistols? The respect for officers would surely go up a notch.

I wouldn’t trust half our police with a baton never mind a pistol.
The level of officer safety training is so poor already, throwing firearms training into the mix would be a nightmare.

Thankfully our firearms police are extremely well trained.

You know which tweet I'm talking about. To not realise that jumping to blame Muslims before facts are known based on your prejudices is exactly Islamaphobia makes you incredibly ignorant.
Surely it's a phobia of terrorists who have done loads of attacks and a fear from listening to people calling for attacks than a fear of Muslims in general or of Islam. Muslims don't scare me one bit. Islam itself doesn't scare me. People who call for atrocities to be made against others and people who carry them out do scare me. It's not the same thing

I doubt it would change behaviour. Countries like America and Australia where the flatties carry guns still have issues of no respect to the police from the minority of the population. The unfortunate thing is, those that have no respect are normally the ones at most risk of getting accused by the police.

Back