Maja

Oh thats OK then. :rolleyes:
Not saying it’s ok, it’s disappointing for the lad, just as it was for Ballard when it happened to him.

I don’t think there was any malicious intent behind the challenge and DB has commented already saying he felt bad about it and that it took the shine off the win for him.

Just one of those unfortunate things
Mate, don't think all safc supporters are like this. I wish josh all the best in his recovery.
What?

OK, you keep your delusion up that a lad banging them in for fun wouldn't have made a difference. Ha ha ha
Basically, he was taking up the positions and scoring when he was here, we scored a certain number of goals per game and achieved a certain number of points. When he wasn't here but the rest of the team was essentially the same, other players needed to get in the position to score but the team averaged the same number of goals and attained the same number of points as we did when he was here.

Statistically, him being sold didn't affect the team performance as others stepped into the void and scored the goals he would have done.

Basically, he was taking up the positions and scoring when he was here, we scored a certain number of goals per game and achieved a certain number of points. When he wasn't here but the rest of the team was essentially the same, other players needed to get in the position to score but the team averaged the same number of goals and attained the same number of points as we did when he was here.

Statistically, him being sold didn't affect the team performance as others stepped into the void and scored the goals he would have done.
Mate, I don't care about statistics. I know how many goals josh scored like, and I know he was banging in every half chance. It was ridiculous the scraps he was feeding on, nearly everytime he shot he scored. Now, I find people who say he wouldn't have made a difference , well let's just say I find it a bit silly.
Logon or register to see this image

A football challenge resulting in injury isn't alright?

What should be done?
It was a bad challenge lads,haway man. Although I don't think Dan is a malicious player. Just having a bit sympathy for the lad, that's a nasty injury

Last edited:

Well, that's pretty bold reasoning, doesn't really take into account the changes in positioning that had to take place in order to compensate for his lack of goals.

Oh thats OK then. :rolleyes:
Can't justify malicious, dangerous challenges but I haven't seen it except from a distance in the South Stand so I don't know if it was deliberate or an ugly ill-timed challenge. I will watch it closely as soon as I can. Similar or worse challenges are forgotten about quickly if they don't result in an injury but come into the same category. Did you see any bad, deliberate challenges from Brom players? I did because one happened closer to the South Stand.

Mate, I don't care about statistics. I know how many goals josh scored like, and I know he was banging in every half chance. It was ridiculous the scraps he was feeding on, nearly everytime he shot he scored. Now, I find people who say he wouldn't have made a difference , well let's just say I find it a bit silly.

It was a bad challenge lads,haway man. Although I don't think Dan is a malicious player. Just having a bit sympathy for the lad, that's a nasty injury

I've plenty sympathy for the chap and yea, it was a bad challenge. Plenty of time for the kid and would have loved to seen him back in the summer.

Does that make it not ok? It's football and impact injuries occur.

I'm bostin ta!

I was refering to the attitude that its OK for Maja to be injured, because Ballard has been injured.

But then you knew that really didn't you?

So it's the attitude that's not ok as opposed to the tackle? I did not know that was the point you were making, apologies.

I think the poster's sentiment was that injuries occur on the pitch from fouls and aggression as opposed to because one had been injured he is entitled to go around injuring people. I agree to be fair.

So it's the attitude that's not ok as opposed to the tackle? I did not know that was the point you were making, apologies.

I think the poster's sentiment was that injuries occur on the pitch from fouls and aggression as opposed to because one had been injured he is entitled to go around injuring people. I agree to be fair.

No apologies necessary mate, it's all about opinions, and I realise my original post wasn't clear in meaning.

It's factual. Since Maja has never really hit the goalscoring heights he did with us again its equally likely that he wouldn't have continued scoring at the rate he was as that he would and its almost certain that the others who scores to make up the numbers when he wasn't there wouldn't have scored thr same number as they did when he wasn't. We continued to score at the same rate without Maja as we did with Maja, anything else is conjecture.

It's factual. Since Maja has never really hit the goalscoring heights he did with us again its equally likely that he wouldn't have continued scoring at the rate he was as that he would and its almost certain that the others who scores to make up the numbers when he wasn't there wouldn't have scored thr same number as they did when he wasn't. We continued to score at the same rate without Maja as we did with Maja, anything else is conjecture.
OK mate. You think that a fella in his purple patch of his life, wouldn't have made a difference to the team, I think he would.

Back