Maja One Trick Pony

Yes you f***ing did... you wrote this: 'He was a torment to our back line all afternoon and showed us just what is missing from Maja's game, as if that was needed.' How the fuck is that not making a comparison?
This was my post:

Imagine combining Maja's skill in the 18 yard box with ball at feet with the Bristol Rovers No.17 Jakubiak's ability to play the lone striker role. He was a torment to our back line all afternoon and showed us just what is missing from Maja's game, as if that was needed.

Please don't part quote me to try and prove a point you have incorrectly interpreted. No need for the language either.

If I was JR I'd be after him.

Pleased you're not JR then :eek:

TBh the system we use him in is shite. The fact he has scored such goals is amazing. He is a 10. Not a 9.

Ross said about him being a 10 afew times, he's played in there on occasion but not enough to see. Think he lined up off Gooch at Walsall when Power got sent off

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my post:

Imagine combining Maja's skill in the 18 yard box with ball at feet with the Bristol Rovers No.17 Jakubiak's ability to play the lone striker role. He was a torment to our back line all afternoon and showed us just what is missing from Maja's game, as if that was needed.

Please don't part quote me to try and prove a point you have incorrectly interpreted. No need for the language either.
You are clearly making a comparison. All I can conclude is that you don't understand what the word comparison means.

He's so limited but who gives a fuck when he's winning us games constantly? Just challenge for the ball mate, don't bottle tackles and it'll improve your game a million times over.

Would quite like to see him up top with Wyke. I'd be surprised if they weren't the best strike partnership in the league.

He's so limited but who gives a fuck when he's winning us games constantly? Just challenge for the ball mate, don't bottle tackles and it'll improve your game a million times over.

Would quite like to see him up top with Wyke. I'd be surprised if they weren't the best strike partnership in the league.
just praying Wyke is better than he showed in his brief cameos so far .

He was a strong lad and held the ball up well.

Goal today was class. When he got it I just thought it was a good pass but nowt would come of it at that angle, on his own and with 3 defenders around him. Sat one on their arse, left another dead and slotted it with ease in the far corner.

He just knows exactly what type of finish he needs in any situation and makes it look easy. Reminds me a lot of Defoe.

Think the sub was just to keep him fresh/not risk injury.
He's more of a Yakubu than Defoe for me.

He's got that lazy style and doesn't seem very quick. Decent skill though. However when he gets the ball in the 18 yard box he more often than not finds the corners and scores.

Defoe has a lot more pace than Maja and liked to run onto through balls. Defoe's movement was first class as well. He's more of a team player than Maja.

Was excellent today and didn't deserve to be taken off. Shit thread.
I was being ironic :rolleyes:. Maybe the whoosh has gone over your head but not my fault if people are a bit slow on the uptake :lol:.

Brilliantly taken goal today, quality player, don’t understand Ross’s treatment of him.
I think Ross is handling him brilliantly. He's only 19 and hasn't developed his full physical potential yet. He gets battered all match so needs to be looked after.

Last edited:

Back