Maguire - broken leg

Why the fuck does this happen to us man. Luton don't seem to get any major injuries at all and they have a smaller squad. This club is f***ing cursed
Well we have one player this season who had a double break in September lost for the season, our captain was injured in December and is out all season, we have had three of our four forwards out for January and half of Feb, so we do get them as well

Further to the post above and reading the rest of the thread suggesting it’s the end of the world, I just had a glance at the line ups for what I thought were some of our worst, most uninspiring, least creative performances of the season and Maguire was playing in all of them. Plus our best recent performance in my opinion was Charlton away in the first half and he wasn’t playing then.

I’m not suggesting he was to blame for any of those bad performances but it goes to show that his inclusion isn’t some magic fix that means we’d storm to promotion and equally his absence doesn’t mean that all our chances evaporate.

It’s a blow no doubt but we’ve got the biggest squad in the league so we should have enough to cope and it’s up to Ross to find a way to make it still work.
Didn't we play Gooch in a more central attacking role then?

It was a bang as he challenged for the ball with their centre back, looked to clatter into the back of his calf.......Clearly knacked and it was obvious as he walked off first time there was no way he was running it off.

Not sure it is mind, he can be excellent but concedes possession in dangerous areas far too often....He has had a couple of cracking games on the spin now though so hopefully he is past his blip in form.
mcgeady is and has always been inconsistent, but even with that, he is our second top scroer this season and has a few assist, technically he is far better than maguire, but maguire can often be more effective because he works harder.

Back